Dec 2, 2010, 10:18 AM EST
Cavaliers’ owner Dan Gilbert has allegedly paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to a Midwestern law firm to put together a tampering case with evidence against the Miami Heat and how they lured LeBron James from Cleveland to South Beach.
What does LeBron think about that? Not much, he told FanHouse on the eve of returning to Cleveland to face the Cavaliers for the first time Thursday night.
“I’m here,” James said. “I’m a Miami Heat player representing this franchise, so that’s out of my league. I don’t have anything to do with that. We followed the process like any other free agent, and this organization did also.”
Former Cavalier Zydrunas Ilgauskas had a much better perspective on it:
“That’s chasing ghosts right there,” he told FanHouse while shaking his head. “Let bygones be bygones. There are more important things in life: people dying from cancer every day, kids dying every day, people having HIV, people fighting wars. There are more important things than the Miami Heat going back to Cleveland.
“Let’s put life in perspective, it’s just a basketball game.”
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 4
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 26
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10