Dec 2, 2010, 10:18 AM EDT
Cavaliers’ owner Dan Gilbert has allegedly paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to a Midwestern law firm to put together a tampering case with evidence against the Miami Heat and how they lured LeBron James from Cleveland to South Beach.
What does LeBron think about that? Not much, he told FanHouse on the eve of returning to Cleveland to face the Cavaliers for the first time Thursday night.
“I’m here,” James said. “I’m a Miami Heat player representing this franchise, so that’s out of my league. I don’t have anything to do with that. We followed the process like any other free agent, and this organization did also.”
Former Cavalier Zydrunas Ilgauskas had a much better perspective on it:
“That’s chasing ghosts right there,” he told FanHouse while shaking his head. “Let bygones be bygones. There are more important things in life: people dying from cancer every day, kids dying every day, people having HIV, people fighting wars. There are more important things than the Miami Heat going back to Cleveland.
“Let’s put life in perspective, it’s just a basketball game.”
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 5
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 9
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 22
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32