Dec 2, 2010, 8:17 AM EST
Back in October 2009, the Sacramento Kings’ Francisco Garcia was lifting weights while on the Gymnic “Burst Resistant” Plus Stability Ball — when it did burst.
Sure, sounds funny, but Garcia fell to the ground, broke his right wrist and missed time.
Now the Kings are suing the Italian makers of that ball for $4 million, as well as he American distributor.
It’s common to use the ball as support while doing things like a bench press to work on balance at the same time. Of course, the ball bursting kind of throws all of that out the window. Teams throughout the league have sopped that brand of ball.
- Report: Celtics and Mavericks nearing agreement on Rajon Rondo trade 0
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 6
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 25