Dec 2, 2010, 8:17 AM EDT
Back in October 2009, the Sacramento Kings’ Francisco Garcia was lifting weights while on the Gymnic “Burst Resistant” Plus Stability Ball — when it did burst.
Sure, sounds funny, but Garcia fell to the ground, broke his right wrist and missed time.
Now the Kings are suing the Italian makers of that ball for $4 million, as well as he American distributor.
It’s common to use the ball as support while doing things like a bench press to work on balance at the same time. Of course, the ball bursting kind of throws all of that out the window. Teams throughout the league have sopped that brand of ball.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15