Dec 2, 2010, 8:17 AM EDT
Back in October 2009, the Sacramento Kings’ Francisco Garcia was lifting weights while on the Gymnic “Burst Resistant” Plus Stability Ball — when it did burst.
Sure, sounds funny, but Garcia fell to the ground, broke his right wrist and missed time.
Now the Kings are suing the Italian makers of that ball for $4 million, as well as he American distributor.
It’s common to use the ball as support while doing things like a bench press to work on balance at the same time. Of course, the ball bursting kind of throws all of that out the window. Teams throughout the league have sopped that brand of ball.
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 5
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 9
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 22
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32