Dec 2, 2010, 8:17 AM EDT
Back in October 2009, the Sacramento Kings’ Francisco Garcia was lifting weights while on the Gymnic “Burst Resistant” Plus Stability Ball — when it did burst.
Sure, sounds funny, but Garcia fell to the ground, broke his right wrist and missed time.
Now the Kings are suing the Italian makers of that ball for $4 million, as well as he American distributor.
It’s common to use the ball as support while doing things like a bench press to work on balance at the same time. Of course, the ball bursting kind of throws all of that out the window. Teams throughout the league have sopped that brand of ball.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18