Dec 2, 2010, 8:17 AM EDT
Back in October 2009, the Sacramento Kings’ Francisco Garcia was lifting weights while on the Gymnic “Burst Resistant” Plus Stability Ball — when it did burst.
Sure, sounds funny, but Garcia fell to the ground, broke his right wrist and missed time.
Now the Kings are suing the Italian makers of that ball for $4 million, as well as he American distributor.
It’s common to use the ball as support while doing things like a bench press to work on balance at the same time. Of course, the ball bursting kind of throws all of that out the window. Teams throughout the league have sopped that brand of ball.
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 9
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 13
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 79
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5