Dec 2, 2010, 12:54 PM EDT
Kevin Durant — the leading scorer in the league, the beating heart of the Oklahoma City Thunder, most likely to be named Captain America — sat out Wednesday night’s Thunder triple-overtime win because of a sore knee.
The words “sore knee” and “Durant” in the same sentence are enough to give any basketball fan pause, but he told the Oklahoman it is not that serious. He is day-to-day and may play against Toronto Friday.
“I just fell awkward, kind of sat on my knee a little bit,” Durant said. “My knee got caught up under my body.”
Wednesday was Durant’s third missed start of the season due to injury. Last season he started all 82 games.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 2
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 5
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14