Dec 2, 2010, 12:54 PM EDT
Kevin Durant — the leading scorer in the league, the beating heart of the Oklahoma City Thunder, most likely to be named Captain America — sat out Wednesday night’s Thunder triple-overtime win because of a sore knee.
The words “sore knee” and “Durant” in the same sentence are enough to give any basketball fan pause, but he told the Oklahoman it is not that serious. He is day-to-day and may play against Toronto Friday.
“I just fell awkward, kind of sat on my knee a little bit,” Durant said. “My knee got caught up under my body.”
Wednesday was Durant’s third missed start of the season due to injury. Last season he started all 82 games.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 14
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 10
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25