Dec 2, 2010, 12:54 PM EDT
Kevin Durant — the leading scorer in the league, the beating heart of the Oklahoma City Thunder, most likely to be named Captain America — sat out Wednesday night’s Thunder triple-overtime win because of a sore knee.
The words “sore knee” and “Durant” in the same sentence are enough to give any basketball fan pause, but he told the Oklahoman it is not that serious. He is day-to-day and may play against Toronto Friday.
“I just fell awkward, kind of sat on my knee a little bit,” Durant said. “My knee got caught up under my body.”
Wednesday was Durant’s third missed start of the season due to injury. Last season he started all 82 games.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23