Dec 2, 2010, 12:54 PM EDT
Kevin Durant — the leading scorer in the league, the beating heart of the Oklahoma City Thunder, most likely to be named Captain America — sat out Wednesday night’s Thunder triple-overtime win because of a sore knee.
The words “sore knee” and “Durant” in the same sentence are enough to give any basketball fan pause, but he told the Oklahoman it is not that serious. He is day-to-day and may play against Toronto Friday.
“I just fell awkward, kind of sat on my knee a little bit,” Durant said. “My knee got caught up under my body.”
Wednesday was Durant’s third missed start of the season due to injury. Last season he started all 82 games.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50