Dec 2, 2010, 12:54 PM EDT
Kevin Durant — the leading scorer in the league, the beating heart of the Oklahoma City Thunder, most likely to be named Captain America — sat out Wednesday night’s Thunder triple-overtime win because of a sore knee.
The words “sore knee” and “Durant” in the same sentence are enough to give any basketball fan pause, but he told the Oklahoman it is not that serious. He is day-to-day and may play against Toronto Friday.
“I just fell awkward, kind of sat on my knee a little bit,” Durant said. “My knee got caught up under my body.”
Wednesday was Durant’s third missed start of the season due to injury. Last season he started all 82 games.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 13
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 94
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 10
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17