Dec 2, 2010, 1:04 PM EST
The Orlando Magic have the best defense in the NBA.
They are giving up just 97.4 points per 100 possessions so far. That shouldn’t be a surprise, they have been at or near the top of the league for years. It is why they are contenders (if the offense will help out just a little bit).
And at the heart of that is Dwight Howard. Who is playing like the Defensive Player of the Year. Again. Go ahead and drive the lane on the Magic, this is what can happen.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)