Dec 2, 2010, 11:49 AM EST
Charles Barkley speaks truth to power.
Well, actually he just talks a lot. Some of it is truth, some bravado, some is… fertilizer.
You can categorize Barkley’s comments to Conan O’Brien on taking on President Barack Obama in a game of one-on-one in in whichever of those categories you want (via Ball Don’t Lie).
“I’m an old, fat guy, but I’ll kick his ass…”
“He’s a lefty. He always goes left,” Barkley said. “If you just stand there, I’m not sure if you opened up the right side, he could go right at all … There are certain guys who could go either way, they say you’re ambidextrous. But he’s a one-handed basketball player.”
It should be noted that Barkley has been a big supporter of the president and met with him several times. Next time, he may find out that among other things the president is really competitive.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8