Dec 2, 2010, 11:49 AM EDT
Charles Barkley speaks truth to power.
Well, actually he just talks a lot. Some of it is truth, some bravado, some is… fertilizer.
You can categorize Barkley’s comments to Conan O’Brien on taking on President Barack Obama in a game of one-on-one in in whichever of those categories you want (via Ball Don’t Lie).
“I’m an old, fat guy, but I’ll kick his ass…”
“He’s a lefty. He always goes left,” Barkley said. “If you just stand there, I’m not sure if you opened up the right side, he could go right at all … There are certain guys who could go either way, they say you’re ambidextrous. But he’s a one-handed basketball player.”
It should be noted that Barkley has been a big supporter of the president and met with him several times. Next time, he may find out that among other things the president is really competitive.
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 6
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 13
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5