Dec 2, 2010, 11:49 AM EDT
Charles Barkley speaks truth to power.
Well, actually he just talks a lot. Some of it is truth, some bravado, some is… fertilizer.
You can categorize Barkley’s comments to Conan O’Brien on taking on President Barack Obama in a game of one-on-one in in whichever of those categories you want (via Ball Don’t Lie).
“I’m an old, fat guy, but I’ll kick his ass…”
“He’s a lefty. He always goes left,” Barkley said. “If you just stand there, I’m not sure if you opened up the right side, he could go right at all … There are certain guys who could go either way, they say you’re ambidextrous. But he’s a one-handed basketball player.”
It should be noted that Barkley has been a big supporter of the president and met with him several times. Next time, he may find out that among other things the president is really competitive.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 0
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 39
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 14
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55