Dec 2, 2010, 11:49 AM EDT
Charles Barkley speaks truth to power.
Well, actually he just talks a lot. Some of it is truth, some bravado, some is… fertilizer.
You can categorize Barkley’s comments to Conan O’Brien on taking on President Barack Obama in a game of one-on-one in in whichever of those categories you want (via Ball Don’t Lie).
“I’m an old, fat guy, but I’ll kick his ass…”
“He’s a lefty. He always goes left,” Barkley said. “If you just stand there, I’m not sure if you opened up the right side, he could go right at all … There are certain guys who could go either way, they say you’re ambidextrous. But he’s a one-handed basketball player.”
It should be noted that Barkley has been a big supporter of the president and met with him several times. Next time, he may find out that among other things the president is really competitive.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15