Dec 2, 2010, 11:49 AM EST
Charles Barkley speaks truth to power.
Well, actually he just talks a lot. Some of it is truth, some bravado, some is… fertilizer.
You can categorize Barkley’s comments to Conan O’Brien on taking on President Barack Obama in a game of one-on-one in in whichever of those categories you want (via Ball Don’t Lie).
“I’m an old, fat guy, but I’ll kick his ass…”
“He’s a lefty. He always goes left,” Barkley said. “If you just stand there, I’m not sure if you opened up the right side, he could go right at all … There are certain guys who could go either way, they say you’re ambidextrous. But he’s a one-handed basketball player.”
It should be noted that Barkley has been a big supporter of the president and met with him several times. Next time, he may find out that among other things the president is really competitive.
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 1
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 14
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)