Dec 1, 2010, 9:52 PM EDT
That could have been much worse.
Toronto Raptor Reggie Evans has surgery on his broken foot Wednesday and is expected to miss just two months, the Raptors announced Wednesday night. That would bring him back in mid-January.
Evans had a non-displaced fracture of the fifth metatarsal on his right foot. He has surgery on his left foot and missed more than half the season because of it. That was the type of thing originally feared here.
Evans has been the best rebounder in basketball at the start of the season, grabbing 26 percent of the available rebounds when he is on the floor. That has helped free up Andrea Bargnani to do his thing out on the perimeter. Really, nobody else on the Raptors crashes the glass like Evans.
So having him back sooner is key for the Raptors.
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 0
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 4
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 9
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 25