Dec 1, 2010, 9:52 PM EDT
That could have been much worse.
Toronto Raptor Reggie Evans has surgery on his broken foot Wednesday and is expected to miss just two months, the Raptors announced Wednesday night. That would bring him back in mid-January.
Evans had a non-displaced fracture of the fifth metatarsal on his right foot. He has surgery on his left foot and missed more than half the season because of it. That was the type of thing originally feared here.
Evans has been the best rebounder in basketball at the start of the season, grabbing 26 percent of the available rebounds when he is on the floor. That has helped free up Andrea Bargnani to do his thing out on the perimeter. Really, nobody else on the Raptors crashes the glass like Evans.
So having him back sooner is key for the Raptors.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 18
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 17
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 47