Dec 1, 2010, 9:52 PM EDT
That could have been much worse.
Toronto Raptor Reggie Evans has surgery on his broken foot Wednesday and is expected to miss just two months, the Raptors announced Wednesday night. That would bring him back in mid-January.
Evans had a non-displaced fracture of the fifth metatarsal on his right foot. He has surgery on his left foot and missed more than half the season because of it. That was the type of thing originally feared here.
Evans has been the best rebounder in basketball at the start of the season, grabbing 26 percent of the available rebounds when he is on the floor. That has helped free up Andrea Bargnani to do his thing out on the perimeter. Really, nobody else on the Raptors crashes the glass like Evans.
So having him back sooner is key for the Raptors.
- Memphis’ defense, discipline propel them past Thunder in overtime lead series 2-1 0
- Hawks take a 2-1 series lead over top-seeded Pacers 13
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 44
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 49
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 11