Dec 1, 2010, 9:52 PM EDT
That could have been much worse.
Toronto Raptor Reggie Evans has surgery on his broken foot Wednesday and is expected to miss just two months, the Raptors announced Wednesday night. That would bring him back in mid-January.
Evans had a non-displaced fracture of the fifth metatarsal on his right foot. He has surgery on his left foot and missed more than half the season because of it. That was the type of thing originally feared here.
Evans has been the best rebounder in basketball at the start of the season, grabbing 26 percent of the available rebounds when he is on the floor. That has helped free up Andrea Bargnani to do his thing out on the perimeter. Really, nobody else on the Raptors crashes the glass like Evans.
So having him back sooner is key for the Raptors.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14