Dec 1, 2010, 9:52 PM EDT
That could have been much worse.
Toronto Raptor Reggie Evans has surgery on his broken foot Wednesday and is expected to miss just two months, the Raptors announced Wednesday night. That would bring him back in mid-January.
Evans had a non-displaced fracture of the fifth metatarsal on his right foot. He has surgery on his left foot and missed more than half the season because of it. That was the type of thing originally feared here.
Evans has been the best rebounder in basketball at the start of the season, grabbing 26 percent of the available rebounds when he is on the floor. That has helped free up Andrea Bargnani to do his thing out on the perimeter. Really, nobody else on the Raptors crashes the glass like Evans.
So having him back sooner is key for the Raptors.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 0
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 17
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 19
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 27
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10