Dec 1, 2010, 12:18 PM EDT
Gambling is bad, we certainly would never encourage it. You should not set up an offshore account and bet on unpredictable sporting events. You should definitely not take the Texans and the eight points against the Eagles on Thursday. This is strictly for entertainment.
That said, the proposition bets posted by Bodog.com on LeBron James’ and the Miami Heat’s return to Cleveland Thursday night are interesting.
You can get 30/1 odds that LeBron will get in a physical altercation with a fan in Cleveland (no, Leon Powe is still considered a player whether he gets to take the sweats off or not). The odds are 1/50 that James does his pregame powder toss.
To be clear, the odds are dramatically shorter that LeBron will get in a fight with a fan than skip his pregame ritual. Although, doing said ritual may bring him closer to the physical altercation (no, you can’t bet it as a parlay).
Other odds include the over/under on points James scores being 26.5, the over/under on assists is 7.5, on rebounds it is 7.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 37
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5