Dec 1, 2010, 12:29 PM EST
Hilton Armstrong’s shove of an airborne Joel Anthony, which sent the Heat player crashing to the floor, has earned him a one-game suspension from the league.
Armstrong will sit out the Wizards game against the Raptors Wednesday night, a punishment handed down by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President Basketball Operations.
It is deserved. At the end of the third quarter Monday night Anthony went up for a layup and Armstrong shoved the airborne player to the ground. Fouls are pretty common in these situations, but players make them trying to disrupt the shot while not injuring the player. Armstrong had no such regard; Anthony was fortunate he did not get hurt on the play.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)