Dec 1, 2010, 12:29 PM EDT
Hilton Armstrong’s shove of an airborne Joel Anthony, which sent the Heat player crashing to the floor, has earned him a one-game suspension from the league.
Armstrong will sit out the Wizards game against the Raptors Wednesday night, a punishment handed down by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President Basketball Operations.
It is deserved. At the end of the third quarter Monday night Anthony went up for a layup and Armstrong shoved the airborne player to the ground. Fouls are pretty common in these situations, but players make them trying to disrupt the shot while not injuring the player. Armstrong had no such regard; Anthony was fortunate he did not get hurt on the play.
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 24
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 5
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 23
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 21