Dec 1, 2010, 12:29 PM EDT
Hilton Armstrong’s shove of an airborne Joel Anthony, which sent the Heat player crashing to the floor, has earned him a one-game suspension from the league.
Armstrong will sit out the Wizards game against the Raptors Wednesday night, a punishment handed down by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President Basketball Operations.
It is deserved. At the end of the third quarter Monday night Anthony went up for a layup and Armstrong shoved the airborne player to the ground. Fouls are pretty common in these situations, but players make them trying to disrupt the shot while not injuring the player. Armstrong had no such regard; Anthony was fortunate he did not get hurt on the play.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6