Dec 1, 2010, 12:29 PM EDT
Hilton Armstrong’s shove of an airborne Joel Anthony, which sent the Heat player crashing to the floor, has earned him a one-game suspension from the league.
Armstrong will sit out the Wizards game against the Raptors Wednesday night, a punishment handed down by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President Basketball Operations.
It is deserved. At the end of the third quarter Monday night Anthony went up for a layup and Armstrong shoved the airborne player to the ground. Fouls are pretty common in these situations, but players make them trying to disrupt the shot while not injuring the player. Armstrong had no such regard; Anthony was fortunate he did not get hurt on the play.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 15
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21