Dec 1, 2010, 12:29 PM EDT
Hilton Armstrong’s shove of an airborne Joel Anthony, which sent the Heat player crashing to the floor, has earned him a one-game suspension from the league.
Armstrong will sit out the Wizards game against the Raptors Wednesday night, a punishment handed down by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President Basketball Operations.
It is deserved. At the end of the third quarter Monday night Anthony went up for a layup and Armstrong shoved the airborne player to the ground. Fouls are pretty common in these situations, but players make them trying to disrupt the shot while not injuring the player. Armstrong had no such regard; Anthony was fortunate he did not get hurt on the play.
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 0
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 26
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 6
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 2
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 20
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22