Dec 1, 2010, 2:46 PM EST
DeMarcus Cousins: Real trouble or just immature?
“I was being selfish,” Cousins said after tallying 20 points and eight rebounds in a loss to Indiana on Tuesday night at Arco Arena, the Kings’ 10th in their last 11 games. “I’m frustrated about losing. In my own opinion, I believe different strategies should be in the game and I was being selfish. It was a good lesson for me. I learned from it.
“I am a big part of this team, and Coach Westphal said (in practice) I’ve been terrible. And that’s the truth. I’ve been terrible. It is a big effect on the team. I’ve got to pick up my game, and so does the rest of this team and we’ve got to turn this thing around.”
Those comments are a sign of maturity. That maybe he is growing up now, and being forced to do it fast.
Cousins, as he showed against Indiana (and has in flashes at other times this season) has the talent to tear this league up. He has a lot of athleticism and great touch for a man in such a big body. He could be a force.
Which is why teams have called about trading for him, hoping the Kings were ready to give up already. They are not. Cousins is not available, Amick was told.
As it should be. So far what has held Cousins back is Cousins. If he gets it going and plays well with others, the Kings will have the steal of the draft.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 1
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 15
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8