Nov 30, 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
“I probably will. That’s a ritual for myself.”
2: 21 pm: It’s LeBron James’ iconic signature — throwing the powdered rosin into the air by the scorer’s table before the game.
In Cleveland it was the image on the 10-story “We Are All Witnesses” billboard across from Quicken Loans Arena. But the rosin toss, like his talents, went with LeBron to Miami.
When the Heat come and James returns to Cleveland Thursday, will James do the rosin toss he has done on the road at every other stop? He doesn’t know, he told Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press (via twitter).
“I probably will … I don’t know. We’ll see. I may change.”
“I’m anxious to see if he’s going to do the powder thing…. I’m anxious to see him do the powder s—. We have bets he won’t do it.”
That and how Clevelanders react to James are going to probably be more interesting than the game itself Thursday night.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 18
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10