Nov 30, 2010, 4:10 PM EST
“I probably will. That’s a ritual for myself.”
2: 21 pm: It’s LeBron James’ iconic signature — throwing the powdered rosin into the air by the scorer’s table before the game.
In Cleveland it was the image on the 10-story “We Are All Witnesses” billboard across from Quicken Loans Arena. But the rosin toss, like his talents, went with LeBron to Miami.
When the Heat come and James returns to Cleveland Thursday, will James do the rosin toss he has done on the road at every other stop? He doesn’t know, he told Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press (via twitter).
“I probably will … I don’t know. We’ll see. I may change.”
“I’m anxious to see if he’s going to do the powder thing…. I’m anxious to see him do the powder s—. We have bets he won’t do it.”
That and how Clevelanders react to James are going to probably be more interesting than the game itself Thursday night.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16