Nov 30, 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
“I probably will. That’s a ritual for myself.”
2: 21 pm: It’s LeBron James’ iconic signature — throwing the powdered rosin into the air by the scorer’s table before the game.
In Cleveland it was the image on the 10-story “We Are All Witnesses” billboard across from Quicken Loans Arena. But the rosin toss, like his talents, went with LeBron to Miami.
When the Heat come and James returns to Cleveland Thursday, will James do the rosin toss he has done on the road at every other stop? He doesn’t know, he told Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press (via twitter).
“I probably will … I don’t know. We’ll see. I may change.”
“I’m anxious to see if he’s going to do the powder thing…. I’m anxious to see him do the powder s—. We have bets he won’t do it.”
That and how Clevelanders react to James are going to probably be more interesting than the game itself Thursday night.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3