Nov 30, 2010, 10:01 AM EST
The Miami Heat miss Udonis Haslem, who is out with a broken foot. They miss his rebounding. They miss his versatility on the defensive end.
Those are things they will really need come the playoffs, and Haslem hopes to be back by then. He hopes to be back by April he told Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press (via twitter). He said there was “no” chance he would miss all of the rest of the season.
That would be good news for the Heat. Haslem helped solidify what was going to be a thin bench in Miami to start with. One that has already seen serious injuries forcing Haslem and Mike Miller to miss significant time. Miller is expected back around Christmas.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday… he sold that short 3
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 13
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 17
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)