Nov 30, 2010, 10:01 AM EDT
The Miami Heat miss Udonis Haslem, who is out with a broken foot. They miss his rebounding. They miss his versatility on the defensive end.
Those are things they will really need come the playoffs, and Haslem hopes to be back by then. He hopes to be back by April he told Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press (via twitter). He said there was “no” chance he would miss all of the rest of the season.
That would be good news for the Heat. Haslem helped solidify what was going to be a thin bench in Miami to start with. One that has already seen serious injuries forcing Haslem and Mike Miller to miss significant time. Miller is expected back around Christmas.
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 28
- Tim Duncan on decision to opt in for final year of his contract: ‘There was some hesitation there’ 20