Nov 30, 2010, 10:01 AM EDT
The Miami Heat miss Udonis Haslem, who is out with a broken foot. They miss his rebounding. They miss his versatility on the defensive end.
Those are things they will really need come the playoffs, and Haslem hopes to be back by then. He hopes to be back by April he told Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press (via twitter). He said there was “no” chance he would miss all of the rest of the season.
That would be good news for the Heat. Haslem helped solidify what was going to be a thin bench in Miami to start with. One that has already seen serious injuries forcing Haslem and Mike Miller to miss significant time. Miller is expected back around Christmas.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 7
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34