Nov 30, 2010, 10:01 AM EST
The Miami Heat miss Udonis Haslem, who is out with a broken foot. They miss his rebounding. They miss his versatility on the defensive end.
Those are things they will really need come the playoffs, and Haslem hopes to be back by then. He hopes to be back by April he told Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press (via twitter). He said there was “no” chance he would miss all of the rest of the season.
That would be good news for the Heat. Haslem helped solidify what was going to be a thin bench in Miami to start with. One that has already seen serious injuries forcing Haslem and Mike Miller to miss significant time. Miller is expected back around Christmas.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 17
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11