Nov 30, 2010, 11:36 AM EDT
Stephen Jackson got ejected in the first quarter Saturday night for arguing with the referee. This was not one of those lame new “respect the game” technicals where he got T’d up for a fist pump or accidentally glancing in the direction of a referee — Jackson thought he was fouled on a drive and as the play moved back up the court Jackson stayed behind to argue with Eli Roe about it. He earned the technical.
Charlotte lost that game by three points, having to go without their leading scorer for 43 minutes of it.
Monday Larry Brown tried to get the message to Stephen Jackson that the Bobcats need him on the court. Stop getting ejected. Except Brown also told the Charlotte Observer he’s not convinced Jackson can do that.
“It affects him, it affects our team. We’ve got a key player who’s in the locker room,’’ Brown said, referring to Jackson’s ejection, 4 ½ minutes into Saturday’s loss in Milwaukee.
“I don’t know how things are going to change,’’ Brown added. “I understand from his perspective what’s going on, but that’s the way it is: As hard as it is for a player to understand that, you’ve got to play through (emotion). You’re too important to our team. We need you on the court.’’
Brown and the Bobcats may have to play without him for one more game — a suspension is a real possibility after the ejection. That is expected to be announced Tuesday. At the very least, Jackson will be writing a big check to the league.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27