Nov 30, 2010, 9:14 AM EST
This is exactly how NBA teams should use the D-League.
Hassan Whiteside is just a ridiculous athlete, but he’s still figuring out how to play basketball at the NBA level. He needs time on the court, something Paul Westphal can’t really give him in Sacramento right now.
So Whiteside has been assigned to the D-League’s Reno Bighorns, according to Scott Schroeder at FanHouse. There he will play for Eric Musselman on a talented roster (a lot of NBA potential guys on that team).
Smart move by the Kings, who drafted Whiteside in the second round. Give the guy some run and let him learn and develop.
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 1
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 9
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 12
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (48)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (37)