Nov 30, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
This is exactly how NBA teams should use the D-League.
Hassan Whiteside is just a ridiculous athlete, but he’s still figuring out how to play basketball at the NBA level. He needs time on the court, something Paul Westphal can’t really give him in Sacramento right now.
So Whiteside has been assigned to the D-League’s Reno Bighorns, according to Scott Schroeder at FanHouse. There he will play for Eric Musselman on a talented roster (a lot of NBA potential guys on that team).
Smart move by the Kings, who drafted Whiteside in the second round. Give the guy some run and let him learn and develop.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 48
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42