Nov 30, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
This is exactly how NBA teams should use the D-League.
Hassan Whiteside is just a ridiculous athlete, but he’s still figuring out how to play basketball at the NBA level. He needs time on the court, something Paul Westphal can’t really give him in Sacramento right now.
So Whiteside has been assigned to the D-League’s Reno Bighorns, according to Scott Schroeder at FanHouse. There he will play for Eric Musselman on a talented roster (a lot of NBA potential guys on that team).
Smart move by the Kings, who drafted Whiteside in the second round. Give the guy some run and let him learn and develop.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 65
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6