Nov 30, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
This is exactly how NBA teams should use the D-League.
Hassan Whiteside is just a ridiculous athlete, but he’s still figuring out how to play basketball at the NBA level. He needs time on the court, something Paul Westphal can’t really give him in Sacramento right now.
So Whiteside has been assigned to the D-League’s Reno Bighorns, according to Scott Schroeder at FanHouse. There he will play for Eric Musselman on a talented roster (a lot of NBA potential guys on that team).
Smart move by the Kings, who drafted Whiteside in the second round. Give the guy some run and let him learn and develop.
- LeBron’s 30-point performance leads Cavaliers to hard-fought Game 2 win over Celtics 6
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 5
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 13
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 10
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14