Nov 30, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
This is exactly how NBA teams should use the D-League.
Hassan Whiteside is just a ridiculous athlete, but he’s still figuring out how to play basketball at the NBA level. He needs time on the court, something Paul Westphal can’t really give him in Sacramento right now.
So Whiteside has been assigned to the D-League’s Reno Bighorns, according to Scott Schroeder at FanHouse. There he will play for Eric Musselman on a talented roster (a lot of NBA potential guys on that team).
Smart move by the Kings, who drafted Whiteside in the second round. Give the guy some run and let him learn and develop.
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 0
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 7
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 27
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22