Nov 30, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
Delonte West went under the knife Tuesday morning so doctors could surgically repair his broken wrist, according to ESPN Boston.
Afterwards we should have a better recovery timeline for West. Last time he broke this wrist, with the Cavaliers two seasons ago, he missed a little more than two months. Doc Rivers has said he just wants him back for the playoffs. Pretty wide range there.
In the short term, less West means more Rajon Rondo and more Nate Robinson. More Robinson can be amazing some games, not so good other nights. But Rivers has options there some of Robinson’s previous coaches did not.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37