Nov 29, 2010, 8:14 AM EST
The Orlando Magic are 12-4. There are only two teams in the entire NBA with a better record.
But the Magic would still blow it all up for another superstar — a Carmelo Anthony or Chris Paul — according to Brian Schmitz in the Orlando Sentinel. Basically, you can ask for anyone not named Dwight Howard and it’s cool. You can ask for any of them — Vince Carter, Jameer Nelson, Mickael Pietrus, Marcin Gortat, Brandon Bass, J.J. Redick, Ryan Anderson. Any and all of them are on the block.
The key thing is this report suggests that the Magic — despite public denials of this — think that they need another big-time player to get by the Celtics and Lakers (and maybe the Heat, depends on if you think they will get it together). That doesn’t man they will panic to make just any move, this a good team that is close to a title. The report says any move is unlikely.
But apparently the Magic brass doesn’t think it is quite close enough.
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)