Nov 29, 2010, 8:14 AM EDT
The Orlando Magic are 12-4. There are only two teams in the entire NBA with a better record.
But the Magic would still blow it all up for another superstar — a Carmelo Anthony or Chris Paul — according to Brian Schmitz in the Orlando Sentinel. Basically, you can ask for anyone not named Dwight Howard and it’s cool. You can ask for any of them — Vince Carter, Jameer Nelson, Mickael Pietrus, Marcin Gortat, Brandon Bass, J.J. Redick, Ryan Anderson. Any and all of them are on the block.
The key thing is this report suggests that the Magic — despite public denials of this — think that they need another big-time player to get by the Celtics and Lakers (and maybe the Heat, depends on if you think they will get it together). That doesn’t man they will panic to make just any move, this a good team that is close to a title. The report says any move is unlikely.
But apparently the Magic brass doesn’t think it is quite close enough.
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 9
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 13
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 79
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5