Nov 29, 2010, 8:14 AM EDT
The Orlando Magic are 12-4. There are only two teams in the entire NBA with a better record.
But the Magic would still blow it all up for another superstar — a Carmelo Anthony or Chris Paul — according to Brian Schmitz in the Orlando Sentinel. Basically, you can ask for anyone not named Dwight Howard and it’s cool. You can ask for any of them — Vince Carter, Jameer Nelson, Mickael Pietrus, Marcin Gortat, Brandon Bass, J.J. Redick, Ryan Anderson. Any and all of them are on the block.
The key thing is this report suggests that the Magic — despite public denials of this — think that they need another big-time player to get by the Celtics and Lakers (and maybe the Heat, depends on if you think they will get it together). That doesn’t man they will panic to make just any move, this a good team that is close to a title. The report says any move is unlikely.
But apparently the Magic brass doesn’t think it is quite close enough.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 7
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 5
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 28
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2