Nov 29, 2010, 8:14 AM EDT
The Orlando Magic are 12-4. There are only two teams in the entire NBA with a better record.
But the Magic would still blow it all up for another superstar — a Carmelo Anthony or Chris Paul — according to Brian Schmitz in the Orlando Sentinel. Basically, you can ask for anyone not named Dwight Howard and it’s cool. You can ask for any of them — Vince Carter, Jameer Nelson, Mickael Pietrus, Marcin Gortat, Brandon Bass, J.J. Redick, Ryan Anderson. Any and all of them are on the block.
The key thing is this report suggests that the Magic — despite public denials of this — think that they need another big-time player to get by the Celtics and Lakers (and maybe the Heat, depends on if you think they will get it together). That doesn’t man they will panic to make just any move, this a good team that is close to a title. The report says any move is unlikely.
But apparently the Magic brass doesn’t think it is quite close enough.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 25
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9