Nov 29, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
Officially, no air was cleared. We all know that’s what it was — a clear the air meeting — but officially no.
Erik Spoelstra and LeBron James had a 30-minute closed door meeting before the team’s game against the Wizards Monday, talking about their relationship and the team. And probably about having fun.
“I call these ‘healthy conflicts,’” Spoelstra said. “I truly believe these are good for a team. As long as you can survive these, it’ll make you stronger. It’ll make your bond stronger.”
“I think there’s frustration from everyone,” James said. “As far as me and Spo being frustrated with each other, I don’t think there is. I have Coach Spo’s back or whatever the case may be. This is who we have.
“If I have something to say to Coach Spo, I’m going to go to Coach Spo. If he has something to say to me, which he’s done, he’s going to come to me. It is nothing I’ll take behind his back. I’ve never done that, I will not do that.”
So it’s all puppies and rainbows in Miami. No problems here.
James also said the bump was nothing and he didn’t mean to do it. Right. Bottom line Pat Riley doesn’t want to come down out of the ivory tower and take over this team so LeBron and Spoelstra need to figure out how to get along and make it work.
So best to clear the air in a meeting. However you wish to define it.
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 1
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 3
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 1
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 11
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 36
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars