Nov 29, 2010, 9:30 PM EDT
Officially, no air was cleared. We all know that’s what it was — a clear the air meeting — but officially no.
Erik Spoelstra and LeBron James had a 30-minute closed door meeting before the team’s game against the Wizards Monday, talking about their relationship and the team. And probably about having fun.
“I call these ‘healthy conflicts,’” Spoelstra said. “I truly believe these are good for a team. As long as you can survive these, it’ll make you stronger. It’ll make your bond stronger.”
“I think there’s frustration from everyone,” James said. “As far as me and Spo being frustrated with each other, I don’t think there is. I have Coach Spo’s back or whatever the case may be. This is who we have.
“If I have something to say to Coach Spo, I’m going to go to Coach Spo. If he has something to say to me, which he’s done, he’s going to come to me. It is nothing I’ll take behind his back. I’ve never done that, I will not do that.”
So it’s all puppies and rainbows in Miami. No problems here.
James also said the bump was nothing and he didn’t mean to do it. Right. Bottom line Pat Riley doesn’t want to come down out of the ivory tower and take over this team so LeBron and Spoelstra need to figure out how to get along and make it work.
So best to clear the air in a meeting. However you wish to define it.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 8
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 8
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 40
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73