Nov 29, 2010, 3:26 PM EDT
The Kings signed him this summer out of Toronto, but he has barely gotten off the bench. Wright has played just 31 minutes total for the Kings this season and more than 10 minutes in a game just once. He saw 5:23 of action Saturday night against the Bulls where he grabbed one rebound and missed one shot. Put this way — so far this season his PER is -5. Small sample size, but when you’re in the negative you’re out of the NBA.
Not that you expected much offense, Wright was brought in as a defensive specialist, but he hasn’t done a lot of that, either.
The Kings signed Wright to a guaranteed $854,389, so he is getting paid that regardless.
No word yet on where he will land, but smart money says the D-League somewhere. The guy has been a regular NBA bench player for five years, someone will take a chance on him.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48