Nov 29, 2010, 6:21 PM EDT
Remember how at Summer League a lot of people were watching DeMarcus Cousins play and saying, “how did he drop all the way to No.5?” (I’m sheepishly raising my hand…)
Well, um, the rumors of him being difficult to deal with are apparently more than rumors.
DeMarcus Cousins was kicked out of Kings practice today by coach Paul Westphal, according to a tweet by Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee. No details on why yet, but we’re all looking forward to that (and the spin that comes with it).
There apparently have been repeated clashes between Cousins and the Kings coaching staff, which has led to fines and more. Of course, this didn’t stop other teams from calling about Cousins (kind of the opposite).
But that gives the Kings two very talented young players with reputations of being challenging to deal with at times (Tyreke Evans is the other, though apparently not on the scale of Cousins). If you don’t think chemistry matters, go try to find the Kings in the standings (and they are 1-9 in their last 10).
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85