Nov 29, 2010, 6:21 PM EDT
Remember how at Summer League a lot of people were watching DeMarcus Cousins play and saying, “how did he drop all the way to No.5?” (I’m sheepishly raising my hand…)
Well, um, the rumors of him being difficult to deal with are apparently more than rumors.
DeMarcus Cousins was kicked out of Kings practice today by coach Paul Westphal, according to a tweet by Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee. No details on why yet, but we’re all looking forward to that (and the spin that comes with it).
There apparently have been repeated clashes between Cousins and the Kings coaching staff, which has led to fines and more. Of course, this didn’t stop other teams from calling about Cousins (kind of the opposite).
But that gives the Kings two very talented young players with reputations of being challenging to deal with at times (Tyreke Evans is the other, though apparently not on the scale of Cousins). If you don’t think chemistry matters, go try to find the Kings in the standings (and they are 1-9 in their last 10).
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 51
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18