Nov 29, 2010, 1:19 AM EDT
Like some kind of H.G. Wells’ “War of the Worlds” ending, a little virus has done what no line of defense could.
Carmelo Anthony’s 134-game regular season streak of scoring in double digits came to an end Sunday night because he had to leave the game early due to the flu. He played the first 2:48 of the game, scored two points, then had to come out.
He sat on the bench for the remainder of the first half, then left the building at halftime. The Nuggets still went on to win the game 138-133.
The Nuggets do not play again until Wednesday when they host the Bucks, Anthony likely will be ready to go by then.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30