Nov 29, 2010, 1:19 AM EDT
Like some kind of H.G. Wells’ “War of the Worlds” ending, a little virus has done what no line of defense could.
Carmelo Anthony’s 134-game regular season streak of scoring in double digits came to an end Sunday night because he had to leave the game early due to the flu. He played the first 2:48 of the game, scored two points, then had to come out.
He sat on the bench for the remainder of the first half, then left the building at halftime. The Nuggets still went on to win the game 138-133.
The Nuggets do not play again until Wednesday when they host the Bucks, Anthony likely will be ready to go by then.
- NBA Playoff Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards 5
- Report: Steve Kerr “expects” to be offered, will take Knicks coaching job 4
- Why shot-location defense matters 3
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 6
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 13