Nov 29, 2010, 1:19 AM EDT
Like some kind of H.G. Wells’ “War of the Worlds” ending, a little virus has done what no line of defense could.
Carmelo Anthony’s 134-game regular season streak of scoring in double digits came to an end Sunday night because he had to leave the game early due to the flu. He played the first 2:48 of the game, scored two points, then had to come out.
He sat on the bench for the remainder of the first half, then left the building at halftime. The Nuggets still went on to win the game 138-133.
The Nuggets do not play again until Wednesday when they host the Bucks, Anthony likely will be ready to go by then.
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 0
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43