Nov 29, 2010, 1:19 AM EST
Like some kind of H.G. Wells’ “War of the Worlds” ending, a little virus has done what no line of defense could.
Carmelo Anthony’s 134-game regular season streak of scoring in double digits came to an end Sunday night because he had to leave the game early due to the flu. He played the first 2:48 of the game, scored two points, then had to come out.
He sat on the bench for the remainder of the first half, then left the building at halftime. The Nuggets still went on to win the game 138-133.
The Nuggets do not play again until Wednesday when they host the Bucks, Anthony likely will be ready to go by then.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15