Nov 29, 2010, 1:19 AM EDT
Like some kind of H.G. Wells’ “War of the Worlds” ending, a little virus has done what no line of defense could.
Carmelo Anthony’s 134-game regular season streak of scoring in double digits came to an end Sunday night because he had to leave the game early due to the flu. He played the first 2:48 of the game, scored two points, then had to come out.
He sat on the bench for the remainder of the first half, then left the building at halftime. The Nuggets still went on to win the game 138-133.
The Nuggets do not play again until Wednesday when they host the Bucks, Anthony likely will be ready to go by then.
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 49
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 17
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 33
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64