Nov 29, 2010, 4:33 PM EDT
UPDATE 4:33 pm: All you hard-core NBA fans in Idaho — both of you — are in luck, because the Antoine Walker comeback parade is headed your way. Walker will be part of the Idaho Stampede, according to Marc Stein at ESPN.
The Stampede did sent Anthony Tolliver and Sundiata Gains, among others, to the NBA last season.
10: 07 am: We’ve talked before of former Celtic and scoring machine Antoine Walker wanting to make an NBA comeback. Mostly for the money, because his former gambling addiction led to some serious debts. We also told you about how he tried to make a comeback starting in the Puerto Rican league last year, but that flamed out. About him working out (and by all reports looking in decent shape) but not getting a camp invite this fall.
Next, apparently, is the D-League, according to Scot Schroeder at FanHouse.
It’s not a bad risk for a D-League team. If Walker — three-time All-Star — is even in the ballpark of his former self, he will put up points at the D-League level. If nothing else, he should be a draw at the gate. If it doesn’t work out, you cut him loose.
Walker needs to prove himself to skeptical NBA front offices, and playing well in the D-League would do that. Expect him to give a full effort. We’ll see if that is enough.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 8
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1