Nov 29, 2010, 4:33 PM EST
UPDATE 4:33 pm: All you hard-core NBA fans in Idaho — both of you — are in luck, because the Antoine Walker comeback parade is headed your way. Walker will be part of the Idaho Stampede, according to Marc Stein at ESPN.
The Stampede did sent Anthony Tolliver and Sundiata Gains, among others, to the NBA last season.
10: 07 am: We’ve talked before of former Celtic and scoring machine Antoine Walker wanting to make an NBA comeback. Mostly for the money, because his former gambling addiction led to some serious debts. We also told you about how he tried to make a comeback starting in the Puerto Rican league last year, but that flamed out. About him working out (and by all reports looking in decent shape) but not getting a camp invite this fall.
Next, apparently, is the D-League, according to Scot Schroeder at FanHouse.
It’s not a bad risk for a D-League team. If Walker — three-time All-Star — is even in the ballpark of his former self, he will put up points at the D-League level. If nothing else, he should be a draw at the gate. If it doesn’t work out, you cut him loose.
Walker needs to prove himself to skeptical NBA front offices, and playing well in the D-League would do that. Expect him to give a full effort. We’ll see if that is enough.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8