Nov 29, 2010, 2:44 PM EDT
Everybody has seen Andre Johnson’s fight with with Cortland Finnegan from Sunday’s Texans/Titans game. (If you haven’t put on ESPN for about a minute, they are running it roughly that often.)
Shane Battier saw it, and then he saw Johnson courtside Sunday night when the Rockets were taking on the Thunder. And Battier was inspired — enough for the forward to put up 18 points on 7 of 11 shooting, he told the Houston Chronicle.
“I saw the champ,” Battier said. “The champ goes from a tough game, showing what it means to be a fighter, coming, sitting courtside at the Rockets tonight. I saw the champ. After the crowd got hyped, I got hyped. The champ is responsible for this win. I will roll with Andre Johnson every day of the week. That fired me up when I saw him.”
No word on if Roger Goodell will try to suspend Battier, too.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 6
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 12
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34