Nov 29, 2010, 2:44 PM EDT
Everybody has seen Andre Johnson’s fight with with Cortland Finnegan from Sunday’s Texans/Titans game. (If you haven’t put on ESPN for about a minute, they are running it roughly that often.)
Shane Battier saw it, and then he saw Johnson courtside Sunday night when the Rockets were taking on the Thunder. And Battier was inspired — enough for the forward to put up 18 points on 7 of 11 shooting, he told the Houston Chronicle.
“I saw the champ,” Battier said. “The champ goes from a tough game, showing what it means to be a fighter, coming, sitting courtside at the Rockets tonight. I saw the champ. After the crowd got hyped, I got hyped. The champ is responsible for this win. I will roll with Andre Johnson every day of the week. That fired me up when I saw him.”
No word on if Roger Goodell will try to suspend Battier, too.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28