Nov 28, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
Those of you who had a student transfer or move during your high school years know the sweet joy of the locker next to yours being empty. All that space! Having all that room, and if the person on the other side wasn’t using it, you could even stash stuff in it if yours became too crowded. A splendid perk that was.
Apparently it’s the kind of thing Carmelo Anthony takes very seriously.
In a league of bennies beyond belief, Carmelo Anthony has to be the first in history whose domain distends three full stalls, one on each side (where he stores assorted belongings) of his lounging locale.
“Four, actually,” Harrington corrected, pointing at Gary Forbes, two stalls removed. “That’s his rookie. He controls him and his space, too.”
First off, Al Harrington, stop snitchin’. Second, geez, Melo. What are you storing in those things? Are you bringing steamer trunks with you to games? Do you have an elaborate voodoo setup like Cerrano in “Major League”? What could you possibly need that much space for?
Maybe it’s snacks. Or guides to New York (which the Post was no doubt looking for). Or maybe the dude just likes his space. I’ve smelled NBA players’ colognes. I’d want some real estate between me and them as well.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16