Nov 28, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
Those of you who had a student transfer or move during your high school years know the sweet joy of the locker next to yours being empty. All that space! Having all that room, and if the person on the other side wasn’t using it, you could even stash stuff in it if yours became too crowded. A splendid perk that was.
Apparently it’s the kind of thing Carmelo Anthony takes very seriously.
In a league of bennies beyond belief, Carmelo Anthony has to be the first in history whose domain distends three full stalls, one on each side (where he stores assorted belongings) of his lounging locale.
“Four, actually,” Harrington corrected, pointing at Gary Forbes, two stalls removed. “That’s his rookie. He controls him and his space, too.”
First off, Al Harrington, stop snitchin’. Second, geez, Melo. What are you storing in those things? Are you bringing steamer trunks with you to games? Do you have an elaborate voodoo setup like Cerrano in “Major League”? What could you possibly need that much space for?
Maybe it’s snacks. Or guides to New York (which the Post was no doubt looking for). Or maybe the dude just likes his space. I’ve smelled NBA players’ colognes. I’d want some real estate between me and them as well.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29