Nov 28, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
Those of you who had a student transfer or move during your high school years know the sweet joy of the locker next to yours being empty. All that space! Having all that room, and if the person on the other side wasn’t using it, you could even stash stuff in it if yours became too crowded. A splendid perk that was.
Apparently it’s the kind of thing Carmelo Anthony takes very seriously.
In a league of bennies beyond belief, Carmelo Anthony has to be the first in history whose domain distends three full stalls, one on each side (where he stores assorted belongings) of his lounging locale.
“Four, actually,” Harrington corrected, pointing at Gary Forbes, two stalls removed. “That’s his rookie. He controls him and his space, too.”
First off, Al Harrington, stop snitchin’. Second, geez, Melo. What are you storing in those things? Are you bringing steamer trunks with you to games? Do you have an elaborate voodoo setup like Cerrano in “Major League”? What could you possibly need that much space for?
Maybe it’s snacks. Or guides to New York (which the Post was no doubt looking for). Or maybe the dude just likes his space. I’ve smelled NBA players’ colognes. I’d want some real estate between me and them as well.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 5
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 17
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 6
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31