Nov 28, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
Those of you who had a student transfer or move during your high school years know the sweet joy of the locker next to yours being empty. All that space! Having all that room, and if the person on the other side wasn’t using it, you could even stash stuff in it if yours became too crowded. A splendid perk that was.
Apparently it’s the kind of thing Carmelo Anthony takes very seriously.
In a league of bennies beyond belief, Carmelo Anthony has to be the first in history whose domain distends three full stalls, one on each side (where he stores assorted belongings) of his lounging locale.
“Four, actually,” Harrington corrected, pointing at Gary Forbes, two stalls removed. “That’s his rookie. He controls him and his space, too.”
First off, Al Harrington, stop snitchin’. Second, geez, Melo. What are you storing in those things? Are you bringing steamer trunks with you to games? Do you have an elaborate voodoo setup like Cerrano in “Major League”? What could you possibly need that much space for?
Maybe it’s snacks. Or guides to New York (which the Post was no doubt looking for). Or maybe the dude just likes his space. I’ve smelled NBA players’ colognes. I’d want some real estate between me and them as well.
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 2
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 8
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 84
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 20
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay