Nov 28, 2010, 7:58 PM EDT
When you say something that indicates that you expect to be fined for your comments? Yeah, you’re pretty much locking up the fact that you’ll be fined.
Byron Scott went off last Friday in a 110-100 loss to Orlando saying the Cavaliers were playing against eight players and your typical “we got screwed” conversations. On Saturday, Scott said he expected to be fined. Today the NBA obliged him, fining him $35,000 for comments against the officials.
Here’s a surprising one: it was the first time Scott has been fined as a head coach. Never fined in New Jersey or New Orleans. Just another sign that Cleveland will reap unforeseen doom upon you.
Kidding, Cleveland! Just kidding!
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 12