Nov 28, 2010, 7:58 PM EDT
When you say something that indicates that you expect to be fined for your comments? Yeah, you’re pretty much locking up the fact that you’ll be fined.
Byron Scott went off last Friday in a 110-100 loss to Orlando saying the Cavaliers were playing against eight players and your typical “we got screwed” conversations. On Saturday, Scott said he expected to be fined. Today the NBA obliged him, fining him $35,000 for comments against the officials.
Here’s a surprising one: it was the first time Scott has been fined as a head coach. Never fined in New Jersey or New Orleans. Just another sign that Cleveland will reap unforeseen doom upon you.
Kidding, Cleveland! Just kidding!
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 68
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32