Nov 27, 2010, 9:49 AM EDT
Andre Iguodala’s not saying, he’s just “sayin.” As the Sixers continue to spin wildly out of control (3-13), the odds of a full scale detonation of the roster (long overdue) seems more and more likely. And from how Iggy was talking when he spoke with NBA FanHouse, it won’t be long before he’s filling out a change of address form:
“I would love to stay in Philadelphia, but if I’m playing somewhere else, I definitely understand how that could happen. I know how the business works,” he told FanHouse Friday night before his Sixers lost to the Heat, 99-90. “You have to be prepared for anything in this league. And I am. It’s one of the first things you learn when you get here. Guys get traded on draft night.”
Yes, Iggy, if by “prepared” you mean, “my bags have been packed since before the season and I cannot wait to get out of here.”
The key with Iguodala for his career to flourish is for him to go to a team with two legit scoring stars and operate as the third star, do-it-all type guy. He needs to fill in the gaps for a team, not be expected to be the superstar. Iguodala’s strengths are in his complete, well-rounded game. If he were to head to a winning team without a legit star, odds are that he’d struggle. Houston, while not currently winning, might be a good option considering they have to think they need to move in a different direction at this point. Being shipped to Denver in any Carmelo Anthony move would likely not be great for Iggy as he’d then become the focal point of the offense again, something he hasn’t excelled at to this point.
Wherever Iguodala lands, it’s clear that the plane’s engines are on and his bags are packed. He just needs a destination and a trade partner pilot to get him there.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4