Nov 27, 2010, 9:49 AM EDT
Andre Iguodala’s not saying, he’s just “sayin.” As the Sixers continue to spin wildly out of control (3-13), the odds of a full scale detonation of the roster (long overdue) seems more and more likely. And from how Iggy was talking when he spoke with NBA FanHouse, it won’t be long before he’s filling out a change of address form:
“I would love to stay in Philadelphia, but if I’m playing somewhere else, I definitely understand how that could happen. I know how the business works,” he told FanHouse Friday night before his Sixers lost to the Heat, 99-90. “You have to be prepared for anything in this league. And I am. It’s one of the first things you learn when you get here. Guys get traded on draft night.”
Yes, Iggy, if by “prepared” you mean, “my bags have been packed since before the season and I cannot wait to get out of here.”
The key with Iguodala for his career to flourish is for him to go to a team with two legit scoring stars and operate as the third star, do-it-all type guy. He needs to fill in the gaps for a team, not be expected to be the superstar. Iguodala’s strengths are in his complete, well-rounded game. If he were to head to a winning team without a legit star, odds are that he’d struggle. Houston, while not currently winning, might be a good option considering they have to think they need to move in a different direction at this point. Being shipped to Denver in any Carmelo Anthony move would likely not be great for Iggy as he’d then become the focal point of the offense again, something he hasn’t excelled at to this point.
Wherever Iguodala lands, it’s clear that the plane’s engines are on and his bags are packed. He just needs a destination and a trade partner pilot to get him there.
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 8
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 17
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34