Nov 26, 2010, 10:30 PM EDT
This could be the coolest thing ever… until some guy starts dropping Junior Mints over the side.
“They’ll be like no other seat in professional sports or entertainment,” MSG President Hank Ratner said, according to USA Today. “I think probably the Green Monster [at the Boston Red Sox’s Fenway Park] is the only thing you could come to making the comparison. But these are going to take it up a notch — because you’re on bridges.”
It will be so cool to watch the Knicks not play defense from another angle.
Ratner said that safety is a big concern, something being watched more closely in the wake of the death of a 2-year-old boy who climbed out of a luxury box at Staples Center after a Laker game and fell to his death.
Madison Square Garden is undergoing an $800 million renovation.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 17
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8