Nov 26, 2010, 9:43 AM EDT
Memphis Grizzlies center Hamed Haddadi had a domestic dispute with his girlfriend that has led to both of them being charged with assault, according to Memphis police.
Thursday police were called to the apartment where Haddadi and his girlfriend live and both were found to have bruises and scratches. She was taken to the hospital to have her wounds looked at and both were charged with assault. Police called it a verbal argument that turned physical.
Grizzles general manager Chris Wallace released a statement saying the team was aware of the incident but was still gathering facts before making any moves.
Haddadi is the first and only NBA player from Iran. He has been buried on the Grizzles bench, playing just 15 minutes total so far this season. Haddadi impressed at the World Championships this past summer in Turkey, where he was his country’s best player by far.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 9
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15