Nov 26, 2010, 9:43 AM EDT
Memphis Grizzlies center Hamed Haddadi had a domestic dispute with his girlfriend that has led to both of them being charged with assault, according to Memphis police.
Thursday police were called to the apartment where Haddadi and his girlfriend live and both were found to have bruises and scratches. She was taken to the hospital to have her wounds looked at and both were charged with assault. Police called it a verbal argument that turned physical.
Grizzles general manager Chris Wallace released a statement saying the team was aware of the incident but was still gathering facts before making any moves.
Haddadi is the first and only NBA player from Iran. He has been buried on the Grizzles bench, playing just 15 minutes total so far this season. Haddadi impressed at the World Championships this past summer in Turkey, where he was his country’s best player by far.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 5
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million