Nov 26, 2010, 9:43 AM EST
Memphis Grizzlies center Hamed Haddadi had a domestic dispute with his girlfriend that has led to both of them being charged with assault, according to Memphis police.
Thursday police were called to the apartment where Haddadi and his girlfriend live and both were found to have bruises and scratches. She was taken to the hospital to have her wounds looked at and both were charged with assault. Police called it a verbal argument that turned physical.
Grizzles general manager Chris Wallace released a statement saying the team was aware of the incident but was still gathering facts before making any moves.
Haddadi is the first and only NBA player from Iran. He has been buried on the Grizzles bench, playing just 15 minutes total so far this season. Haddadi impressed at the World Championships this past summer in Turkey, where he was his country’s best player by far.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 1
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 9
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30