Nov 26, 2010, 9:43 AM EST
Memphis Grizzlies center Hamed Haddadi had a domestic dispute with his girlfriend that has led to both of them being charged with assault, according to Memphis police.
Thursday police were called to the apartment where Haddadi and his girlfriend live and both were found to have bruises and scratches. She was taken to the hospital to have her wounds looked at and both were charged with assault. Police called it a verbal argument that turned physical.
Grizzles general manager Chris Wallace released a statement saying the team was aware of the incident but was still gathering facts before making any moves.
Haddadi is the first and only NBA player from Iran. He has been buried on the Grizzles bench, playing just 15 minutes total so far this season. Haddadi impressed at the World Championships this past summer in Turkey, where he was his country’s best player by far.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 19
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 11
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 27
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20