Nov 26, 2010, 9:43 AM EST
Memphis Grizzlies center Hamed Haddadi had a domestic dispute with his girlfriend that has led to both of them being charged with assault, according to Memphis police.
Thursday police were called to the apartment where Haddadi and his girlfriend live and both were found to have bruises and scratches. She was taken to the hospital to have her wounds looked at and both were charged with assault. Police called it a verbal argument that turned physical.
Grizzles general manager Chris Wallace released a statement saying the team was aware of the incident but was still gathering facts before making any moves.
Haddadi is the first and only NBA player from Iran. He has been buried on the Grizzles bench, playing just 15 minutes total so far this season. Haddadi impressed at the World Championships this past summer in Turkey, where he was his country’s best player by far.
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 9
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 23
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 53
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (53)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)