Nov 26, 2010, 9:33 AM EDT
We hope you missed these games because you were with family and giving thanks, or at least because you were rooting against the Cowboys…
Hawks 116, Wizards 96: The Hawks played their best game in a couple weeks, which started with them getting the ball inside. With JaVale McGee and Andray Blatche the Wizards have the longer front line but Josh Smith, Al Horford and the entire Hawks team made a point to attack them inside, and the Hawks ended up with 20 more points in the paint. More importantly, the Hawks played good defense and combined with a rough start John Wall Atlanta had a 16 point lead early in the second quarter, and that’s all she wrote.
The Wizard started their three guard lineup — John Wall, Gilbert Arenas and Kirk Hinrich — but the Hawks still controlled the perimeter as well, and the Hawks finally got out and ran more. Atlanta has to run more to be successful.
Good showing for the Hawks. Yes, it was against the Wizards and they need to do the same thing against better teams, but when you’ve lost three in a row you take the win where you can get it.
Clippers 100, Kings 82: Blake Griffin has become must watch TV around the league — Shaq and LeBron James were tweeting about him during the Clippers game. Other players are talking about the current Rookie of the Year leader.
As for the game, Eric Gordon and Griffin outplayed Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins in a battle of the young pairs out west. Griffin had 25 points and 15 boards, Gordon had 28 points and six assists. I want to write more but frankly after Griffin and Gordon this game was simply not that interesting.
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 5
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 21
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 21
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 7
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64