Nov 26, 2010, 9:33 AM EST
We hope you missed these games because you were with family and giving thanks, or at least because you were rooting against the Cowboys…
Hawks 116, Wizards 96: The Hawks played their best game in a couple weeks, which started with them getting the ball inside. With JaVale McGee and Andray Blatche the Wizards have the longer front line but Josh Smith, Al Horford and the entire Hawks team made a point to attack them inside, and the Hawks ended up with 20 more points in the paint. More importantly, the Hawks played good defense and combined with a rough start John Wall Atlanta had a 16 point lead early in the second quarter, and that’s all she wrote.
The Wizard started their three guard lineup — John Wall, Gilbert Arenas and Kirk Hinrich — but the Hawks still controlled the perimeter as well, and the Hawks finally got out and ran more. Atlanta has to run more to be successful.
Good showing for the Hawks. Yes, it was against the Wizards and they need to do the same thing against better teams, but when you’ve lost three in a row you take the win where you can get it.
Clippers 100, Kings 82: Blake Griffin has become must watch TV around the league — Shaq and LeBron James were tweeting about him during the Clippers game. Other players are talking about the current Rookie of the Year leader.
As for the game, Eric Gordon and Griffin outplayed Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins in a battle of the young pairs out west. Griffin had 25 points and 15 boards, Gordon had 28 points and six assists. I want to write more but frankly after Griffin and Gordon this game was simply not that interesting.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 8
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10