Nov 25, 2010, 8:00 PM EDT
Does anybody take digs at the places he’s been quite like Shaquille O’Neal?
The latest was a comment, courtesy WEEI, sure to go over well in Boston and no so well in Los Angeles and Miami.
“This is a great team. The best team I’ve been on. They’ve got a lot of weapons on this team, so on any given night anybody can be the leading scorer. The team’s very unselfish, so the shots are going to drop off and they easily could have shot them and did that but…great game. Great team effort. And now we’ve just got to keep it going.”
Best team O’Neal has ever played on? Even better than those three NBA title teams in the early 2000s and the 2006 Miami Heat?
“Yes. Best team,” O’Neal repeated. “As far as players….as far as guys being really close…I know we’ve only been at this for two months, but hopefully the outcome to be a good one.”
I’m sure 2010 Shaq would struggle to containing 2000 Shaq, that would be a mismatch. Kevin Garnett would be providing a lot of help and then the more athletic but less wise Kobe Bryant would be hard to contain. And both teams were stacked with quality veterans off the bench who perfectly filled roles on the team.
Actually, I’d really like to see that game. But I think the Celtics might want to be more concerned about this year’s Lakers.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 6
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10