Nov 24, 2010, 1:23 PM EDT
Things could have been a lot worse after Vince Carter said he felt a “sharp pain” in his knee the other night. He’s not expected to be out long.
But he will be out Wednesday night against the Heat, according to Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld. JJ Redick will get the start in his place. That would be Redick who is shooting 14 percent from three this season. He needs to find his stroke tonight.
Redick also will have a tough defensive matchup against Dwyane Wade. We’ll see how the Heat decide to exploit that. If it’s lots of clear out isolation where Dwight Howard can help, Orlando may be just fine. But if they can run and actually have some half-court action where Wade gets the ball cutting and flashing, Redick will be overmatched.
- It’s official: Lakers rule out Kobe Bryant for remainder of NBA season 0
- Carmelo Anthony confirms Phil Jackson “will be coming on board” with Knicks 4
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 24
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 17