Nov 24, 2010, 1:23 PM EST
Things could have been a lot worse after Vince Carter said he felt a “sharp pain” in his knee the other night. He’s not expected to be out long.
But he will be out Wednesday night against the Heat, according to Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld. JJ Redick will get the start in his place. That would be Redick who is shooting 14 percent from three this season. He needs to find his stroke tonight.
Redick also will have a tough defensive matchup against Dwyane Wade. We’ll see how the Heat decide to exploit that. If it’s lots of clear out isolation where Dwight Howard can help, Orlando may be just fine. But if they can run and actually have some half-court action where Wade gets the ball cutting and flashing, Redick will be overmatched.
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 0
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 52
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 13
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12