Nov 24, 2010, 1:23 PM EST
Things could have been a lot worse after Vince Carter said he felt a “sharp pain” in his knee the other night. He’s not expected to be out long.
But he will be out Wednesday night against the Heat, according to Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld. JJ Redick will get the start in his place. That would be Redick who is shooting 14 percent from three this season. He needs to find his stroke tonight.
Redick also will have a tough defensive matchup against Dwyane Wade. We’ll see how the Heat decide to exploit that. If it’s lots of clear out isolation where Dwight Howard can help, Orlando may be just fine. But if they can run and actually have some half-court action where Wade gets the ball cutting and flashing, Redick will be overmatched.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 7
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 23
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 4
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 11