Nov 24, 2010, 1:23 PM EDT
Things could have been a lot worse after Vince Carter said he felt a “sharp pain” in his knee the other night. He’s not expected to be out long.
But he will be out Wednesday night against the Heat, according to Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld. JJ Redick will get the start in his place. That would be Redick who is shooting 14 percent from three this season. He needs to find his stroke tonight.
Redick also will have a tough defensive matchup against Dwyane Wade. We’ll see how the Heat decide to exploit that. If it’s lots of clear out isolation where Dwight Howard can help, Orlando may be just fine. But if they can run and actually have some half-court action where Wade gets the ball cutting and flashing, Redick will be overmatched.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 20
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 17
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 16
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 40
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5