Nov 24, 2010, 1:23 PM EDT
Things could have been a lot worse after Vince Carter said he felt a “sharp pain” in his knee the other night. He’s not expected to be out long.
But he will be out Wednesday night against the Heat, according to Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld. JJ Redick will get the start in his place. That would be Redick who is shooting 14 percent from three this season. He needs to find his stroke tonight.
Redick also will have a tough defensive matchup against Dwyane Wade. We’ll see how the Heat decide to exploit that. If it’s lots of clear out isolation where Dwight Howard can help, Orlando may be just fine. But if they can run and actually have some half-court action where Wade gets the ball cutting and flashing, Redick will be overmatched.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17