Nov 24, 2010, 2:08 PM EST
Cole Aldrich, the No. 11 pick that anchored the Kansas Jayhawks last season, has been assigned to the Tulsa 66ers of the D-League.
It’s a smart move — Aldrich needs seasoning to become the defensive anchor in the middle the Thunder hope he can be for them. However, with Nenad Krstic and Serge Ibaka and Nick Collison there are just not a lot of minutes left. So far this season Aldrich has played just 48 total minutes spread over five games.
So he goes to the D-League, were he will get considerable more run and seasoning. He will get another chance with the Thunder, but it will be down the line.
The 66ers are a wholy-owned subsidiary of the Thunder.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 0
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 21
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 4
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 6
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 39