Nov 24, 2010, 2:08 PM EDT
Cole Aldrich, the No. 11 pick that anchored the Kansas Jayhawks last season, has been assigned to the Tulsa 66ers of the D-League.
It’s a smart move — Aldrich needs seasoning to become the defensive anchor in the middle the Thunder hope he can be for them. However, with Nenad Krstic and Serge Ibaka and Nick Collison there are just not a lot of minutes left. So far this season Aldrich has played just 48 total minutes spread over five games.
So he goes to the D-League, were he will get considerable more run and seasoning. He will get another chance with the Thunder, but it will be down the line.
The 66ers are a wholy-owned subsidiary of the Thunder.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29