Nov 24, 2010, 2:08 PM EDT
Cole Aldrich, the No. 11 pick that anchored the Kansas Jayhawks last season, has been assigned to the Tulsa 66ers of the D-League.
It’s a smart move — Aldrich needs seasoning to become the defensive anchor in the middle the Thunder hope he can be for them. However, with Nenad Krstic and Serge Ibaka and Nick Collison there are just not a lot of minutes left. So far this season Aldrich has played just 48 total minutes spread over five games.
So he goes to the D-League, were he will get considerable more run and seasoning. He will get another chance with the Thunder, but it will be down the line.
The 66ers are a wholy-owned subsidiary of the Thunder.
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 0
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 18
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 9
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6