Nov 24, 2010, 2:08 PM EDT
Cole Aldrich, the No. 11 pick that anchored the Kansas Jayhawks last season, has been assigned to the Tulsa 66ers of the D-League.
It’s a smart move — Aldrich needs seasoning to become the defensive anchor in the middle the Thunder hope he can be for them. However, with Nenad Krstic and Serge Ibaka and Nick Collison there are just not a lot of minutes left. So far this season Aldrich has played just 48 total minutes spread over five games.
So he goes to the D-League, were he will get considerable more run and seasoning. He will get another chance with the Thunder, but it will be down the line.
The 66ers are a wholy-owned subsidiary of the Thunder.
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 0
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 13
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9