Nov 24, 2010, 2:08 PM EST
Cole Aldrich, the No. 11 pick that anchored the Kansas Jayhawks last season, has been assigned to the Tulsa 66ers of the D-League.
It’s a smart move — Aldrich needs seasoning to become the defensive anchor in the middle the Thunder hope he can be for them. However, with Nenad Krstic and Serge Ibaka and Nick Collison there are just not a lot of minutes left. So far this season Aldrich has played just 48 total minutes spread over five games.
So he goes to the D-League, were he will get considerable more run and seasoning. He will get another chance with the Thunder, but it will be down the line.
The 66ers are a wholy-owned subsidiary of the Thunder.
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 16
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 20
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 9
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 14
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10