Nov 24, 2010, 1:37 PM EDT
Phil Jackson just loves doing what he did to the Heat yesterday, going on the radio in Chicago and lobbing a verbal hand grenade into their midst. As if they weren’t dealing with enough, now they can answer some questions about Pat Riley coming down from on high to take over the team.
Stan Van Gundy fired back on Wednesday, calling Jackson’s comments “ignorant” according to Hoopsworld.
“Well first of all, obviously Phil has no idea what the ‘Van Gundy situation’ was. Even though he coaches in our league, he certainly had no inside knowledge of that so any analogy he would make to my situation would be totally useless because he doesn’t have any clue what the situation was in that case,” Van Gundy said…
“First of all, to second guess another coach and to comment on a situation he knew nothing about is inappropriate and it’s also ignorant. I don’t mean that commenting on Phil’s intelligence; he’s obviously a very smart guy. I mean that as ignorant because he doesn’t know what that situation was and he doesn’t know what the situation in Miami is now. I don’t think, unless their relationship has changed drastically, that he and Pat talk on a regular basis so I doubt he would have any information whatsoever on what’s going on in Miami,” Van Gundy said.
What did Eric Spoelstra tell our own Ira Winderman (via twitter) about the possibility of him being forced out to “spend more time with his family?”
“First of all, I’m single, OK, so I don’t think I’ll be taking a leave from my team to spend time with my family”
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 24
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 27
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4