Nov 24, 2010, 1:37 PM EDT
Phil Jackson just loves doing what he did to the Heat yesterday, going on the radio in Chicago and lobbing a verbal hand grenade into their midst. As if they weren’t dealing with enough, now they can answer some questions about Pat Riley coming down from on high to take over the team.
Stan Van Gundy fired back on Wednesday, calling Jackson’s comments “ignorant” according to Hoopsworld.
“Well first of all, obviously Phil has no idea what the ‘Van Gundy situation’ was. Even though he coaches in our league, he certainly had no inside knowledge of that so any analogy he would make to my situation would be totally useless because he doesn’t have any clue what the situation was in that case,” Van Gundy said…
“First of all, to second guess another coach and to comment on a situation he knew nothing about is inappropriate and it’s also ignorant. I don’t mean that commenting on Phil’s intelligence; he’s obviously a very smart guy. I mean that as ignorant because he doesn’t know what that situation was and he doesn’t know what the situation in Miami is now. I don’t think, unless their relationship has changed drastically, that he and Pat talk on a regular basis so I doubt he would have any information whatsoever on what’s going on in Miami,” Van Gundy said.
What did Eric Spoelstra tell our own Ira Winderman (via twitter) about the possibility of him being forced out to “spend more time with his family?”
“First of all, I’m single, OK, so I don’t think I’ll be taking a leave from my team to spend time with my family”
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15