Nov 24, 2010, 1:37 PM EDT
Phil Jackson just loves doing what he did to the Heat yesterday, going on the radio in Chicago and lobbing a verbal hand grenade into their midst. As if they weren’t dealing with enough, now they can answer some questions about Pat Riley coming down from on high to take over the team.
Stan Van Gundy fired back on Wednesday, calling Jackson’s comments “ignorant” according to Hoopsworld.
“Well first of all, obviously Phil has no idea what the ‘Van Gundy situation’ was. Even though he coaches in our league, he certainly had no inside knowledge of that so any analogy he would make to my situation would be totally useless because he doesn’t have any clue what the situation was in that case,” Van Gundy said…
“First of all, to second guess another coach and to comment on a situation he knew nothing about is inappropriate and it’s also ignorant. I don’t mean that commenting on Phil’s intelligence; he’s obviously a very smart guy. I mean that as ignorant because he doesn’t know what that situation was and he doesn’t know what the situation in Miami is now. I don’t think, unless their relationship has changed drastically, that he and Pat talk on a regular basis so I doubt he would have any information whatsoever on what’s going on in Miami,” Van Gundy said.
What did Eric Spoelstra tell our own Ira Winderman (via twitter) about the possibility of him being forced out to “spend more time with his family?”
“First of all, I’m single, OK, so I don’t think I’ll be taking a leave from my team to spend time with my family”
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 5
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10