Nov 24, 2010, 3:30 PM EST
Maybe the Dallas Mavericks can get a Roddy Beaubois for Christmas?
The second-year guard that was going to play a much larger role with the team this season — and bring the speed and playmaking the team lacked last season — is out and may be out another three to four weeks, a source told Mike Fisher at Dallasbasketball.com.
Beaubois broke a bone in his foot in August and that meant surgery. The recovery estimates had him back by now, not waiting another month. You can’t rush back on a bad foot, but Beaubois is understandably frustrated.
Dallas isn’t playing poorly at 9-4, but their offense is average (their 106.6 points per 100 possessions is 14th best in the league). Dallas has a lot of shooters — Dirk Nowitzki chief among them — but not a lot of guys who can create shots for themselves and others. Beaubois can do that. He can slash and break down defenses better than anyone on the roster.
They need him back. But until his body cooperates, there’s not much they can do. So it’s another few weeks of waiting.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 15
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)