Nov 24, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Maybe the Dallas Mavericks can get a Roddy Beaubois for Christmas?
The second-year guard that was going to play a much larger role with the team this season — and bring the speed and playmaking the team lacked last season — is out and may be out another three to four weeks, a source told Mike Fisher at Dallasbasketball.com.
Beaubois broke a bone in his foot in August and that meant surgery. The recovery estimates had him back by now, not waiting another month. You can’t rush back on a bad foot, but Beaubois is understandably frustrated.
Dallas isn’t playing poorly at 9-4, but their offense is average (their 106.6 points per 100 possessions is 14th best in the league). Dallas has a lot of shooters — Dirk Nowitzki chief among them — but not a lot of guys who can create shots for themselves and others. Beaubois can do that. He can slash and break down defenses better than anyone on the roster.
They need him back. But until his body cooperates, there’s not much they can do. So it’s another few weeks of waiting.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 39
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4