Nov 24, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Maybe the Dallas Mavericks can get a Roddy Beaubois for Christmas?
The second-year guard that was going to play a much larger role with the team this season — and bring the speed and playmaking the team lacked last season — is out and may be out another three to four weeks, a source told Mike Fisher at Dallasbasketball.com.
Beaubois broke a bone in his foot in August and that meant surgery. The recovery estimates had him back by now, not waiting another month. You can’t rush back on a bad foot, but Beaubois is understandably frustrated.
Dallas isn’t playing poorly at 9-4, but their offense is average (their 106.6 points per 100 possessions is 14th best in the league). Dallas has a lot of shooters — Dirk Nowitzki chief among them — but not a lot of guys who can create shots for themselves and others. Beaubois can do that. He can slash and break down defenses better than anyone on the roster.
They need him back. But until his body cooperates, there’s not much they can do. So it’s another few weeks of waiting.
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 32
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 6
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 65
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 43
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19