Nov 24, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Maybe the Dallas Mavericks can get a Roddy Beaubois for Christmas?
The second-year guard that was going to play a much larger role with the team this season — and bring the speed and playmaking the team lacked last season — is out and may be out another three to four weeks, a source told Mike Fisher at Dallasbasketball.com.
Beaubois broke a bone in his foot in August and that meant surgery. The recovery estimates had him back by now, not waiting another month. You can’t rush back on a bad foot, but Beaubois is understandably frustrated.
Dallas isn’t playing poorly at 9-4, but their offense is average (their 106.6 points per 100 possessions is 14th best in the league). Dallas has a lot of shooters — Dirk Nowitzki chief among them — but not a lot of guys who can create shots for themselves and others. Beaubois can do that. He can slash and break down defenses better than anyone on the roster.
They need him back. But until his body cooperates, there’s not much they can do. So it’s another few weeks of waiting.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29