Nov 24, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Maybe the Dallas Mavericks can get a Roddy Beaubois for Christmas?
The second-year guard that was going to play a much larger role with the team this season — and bring the speed and playmaking the team lacked last season — is out and may be out another three to four weeks, a source told Mike Fisher at Dallasbasketball.com.
Beaubois broke a bone in his foot in August and that meant surgery. The recovery estimates had him back by now, not waiting another month. You can’t rush back on a bad foot, but Beaubois is understandably frustrated.
Dallas isn’t playing poorly at 9-4, but their offense is average (their 106.6 points per 100 possessions is 14th best in the league). Dallas has a lot of shooters — Dirk Nowitzki chief among them — but not a lot of guys who can create shots for themselves and others. Beaubois can do that. He can slash and break down defenses better than anyone on the roster.
They need him back. But until his body cooperates, there’s not much they can do. So it’s another few weeks of waiting.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15