Nov 23, 2010, 2:14 AM EDT
Vince Carter was one of the few Magic players attacking the basket against the San Antonio Spurs. He drove again with 5:24 left in the fourth quarter, made a spin-move layup, landed a awkwardly injuring his left knee and soon after left the game for good.
No report yet on how severe the injury is, but what Carter told the Orlando Sentinel did not sound good.
“When I made the spin move and went up for the layup, as I landed, I just felt some sharp pain go through my knee, under the kneecap more so than anything,” he told the Orlando Sentinel after the game. “I just wasn’t sure. I just wanted to go to the back and try to run it off and I couldn’t. I couldn’t get any push off on it.
“So, I don’t know what it is. I’ve looked at it. It’s a little swollen right now, so it’s really hard to tell. I’ll get it evaluated tomorrow.”
Carter had not really spoken with the team doctors yet. One would expect an MRI but it really depends how it feels and looks in the morning.
While Carter had a reputation for injuries earlier in his career, the last five seasons he has played at least 75 games.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48