Nov 23, 2010, 2:14 AM EDT
Vince Carter was one of the few Magic players attacking the basket against the San Antonio Spurs. He drove again with 5:24 left in the fourth quarter, made a spin-move layup, landed a awkwardly injuring his left knee and soon after left the game for good.
No report yet on how severe the injury is, but what Carter told the Orlando Sentinel did not sound good.
“When I made the spin move and went up for the layup, as I landed, I just felt some sharp pain go through my knee, under the kneecap more so than anything,” he told the Orlando Sentinel after the game. “I just wasn’t sure. I just wanted to go to the back and try to run it off and I couldn’t. I couldn’t get any push off on it.
“So, I don’t know what it is. I’ve looked at it. It’s a little swollen right now, so it’s really hard to tell. I’ll get it evaluated tomorrow.”
Carter had not really spoken with the team doctors yet. One would expect an MRI but it really depends how it feels and looks in the morning.
While Carter had a reputation for injuries earlier in his career, the last five seasons he has played at least 75 games.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 12
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 20
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 13
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42