Nov 23, 2010, 2:14 AM EDT
Vince Carter was one of the few Magic players attacking the basket against the San Antonio Spurs. He drove again with 5:24 left in the fourth quarter, made a spin-move layup, landed a awkwardly injuring his left knee and soon after left the game for good.
No report yet on how severe the injury is, but what Carter told the Orlando Sentinel did not sound good.
“When I made the spin move and went up for the layup, as I landed, I just felt some sharp pain go through my knee, under the kneecap more so than anything,” he told the Orlando Sentinel after the game. “I just wasn’t sure. I just wanted to go to the back and try to run it off and I couldn’t. I couldn’t get any push off on it.
“So, I don’t know what it is. I’ve looked at it. It’s a little swollen right now, so it’s really hard to tell. I’ll get it evaluated tomorrow.”
Carter had not really spoken with the team doctors yet. One would expect an MRI but it really depends how it feels and looks in the morning.
While Carter had a reputation for injuries earlier in his career, the last five seasons he has played at least 75 games.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48