Nov 23, 2010, 3:11 PM EST
The Oklahoma City Thunder believe in the core. They want to win with this group.
Nick Collison is part of this group, so he has agreed to a contract extension with the team, the team announced.
“Nick Collison has shown an unwavering commitment to our organization through his willingness to accept various roles and his dedication to his teammates throughout his seven-year career with our franchise,” said (Thunder general manager Sam) Presti. “He brings a smart, physical, and hard working approach to our defense and is one of our most active players in the community. We are thrilled that Nick will remain a core member of our team and continue his career with the franchise that drafted him.”
Collison has gotten off to slow start this season due to recovering from a stress fracture in his left leg. However, in his seven previous seasons with the team he has provided a solid presence off the bench, on a team that has one of the deepest front courts in the league.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 0
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 0
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 5
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 21
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16