Nov 23, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
The Oklahoma City Thunder believe in the core. They want to win with this group.
Nick Collison is part of this group, so he has agreed to a contract extension with the team, the team announced.
“Nick Collison has shown an unwavering commitment to our organization through his willingness to accept various roles and his dedication to his teammates throughout his seven-year career with our franchise,” said (Thunder general manager Sam) Presti. “He brings a smart, physical, and hard working approach to our defense and is one of our most active players in the community. We are thrilled that Nick will remain a core member of our team and continue his career with the franchise that drafted him.”
Collison has gotten off to slow start this season due to recovering from a stress fracture in his left leg. However, in his seven previous seasons with the team he has provided a solid presence off the bench, on a team that has one of the deepest front courts in the league.
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 1
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 8
- Bobcats fight to the end, but Heat come away with 2-0 series lead 4
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 12