Nov 23, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
The Oklahoma City Thunder believe in the core. They want to win with this group.
Nick Collison is part of this group, so he has agreed to a contract extension with the team, the team announced.
“Nick Collison has shown an unwavering commitment to our organization through his willingness to accept various roles and his dedication to his teammates throughout his seven-year career with our franchise,” said (Thunder general manager Sam) Presti. “He brings a smart, physical, and hard working approach to our defense and is one of our most active players in the community. We are thrilled that Nick will remain a core member of our team and continue his career with the franchise that drafted him.”
Collison has gotten off to slow start this season due to recovering from a stress fracture in his left leg. However, in his seven previous seasons with the team he has provided a solid presence off the bench, on a team that has one of the deepest front courts in the league.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9