Nov 23, 2010, 12:02 PM EST
The Miami Heat needed to cut somebody loose to bring in Erick Dampier — and they need to bring in Dampier — the only question was who?
That according to a tweet from Chris Broussard at ESPN (something other sources have confirmed now). It also makes sense, even though other names (Dexter Pittman and Jamaal Magloire) were bandied about as more likely
The veteran swingman was brought in when Mike Miller went out with a thumb injury but he got in to just seven games, 50 minutes total, and shot 25 percent. He didn’t fill the need, Eddie House is in that role as gunner off the bench.
Dampier comes in to fill the need in the middle and on defense with Udonis Haslem out for months. That need was exposed last night as the Indiana Pacers were able to get into the lane and finish with impunity against lazy Heat defensive rotations.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7