Nov 23, 2010, 12:02 PM EDT
The Miami Heat needed to cut somebody loose to bring in Erick Dampier — and they need to bring in Dampier — the only question was who?
That according to a tweet from Chris Broussard at ESPN (something other sources have confirmed now). It also makes sense, even though other names (Dexter Pittman and Jamaal Magloire) were bandied about as more likely
The veteran swingman was brought in when Mike Miller went out with a thumb injury but he got in to just seven games, 50 minutes total, and shot 25 percent. He didn’t fill the need, Eddie House is in that role as gunner off the bench.
Dampier comes in to fill the need in the middle and on defense with Udonis Haslem out for months. That need was exposed last night as the Indiana Pacers were able to get into the lane and finish with impunity against lazy Heat defensive rotations.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 31
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 52
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 17
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31