Nov 23, 2010, 11:12 PM EST
Terrence Williams, welcome to Avery Johnson’s doghouse.
Williams has been suspended for two games — Tuesday night’s win over Atlanta and an upcoming trip to Boston — for “repeated violations of team policy.” Johnson was more direct with ESPNNewYork.
“It’s something we’ve dealt with for the past two or three weeks,” Johnson said. “I don’t know if he clearly understands what we’re trying to do.”
Johnson said the team has fined Williams several times for the same violation in recent weeks but that didn’t seem to work, so they have taken the next step.
Williams missed five games with a strained abdominal muscle and played limited minutes (eight) in the one game since he returned.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 8: Kobe Bryant returns 4
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 3
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 5
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 43
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 16
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22