Nov 23, 2010, 11:12 PM EDT
Terrence Williams, welcome to Avery Johnson’s doghouse.
Williams has been suspended for two games — Tuesday night’s win over Atlanta and an upcoming trip to Boston — for “repeated violations of team policy.” Johnson was more direct with ESPNNewYork.
“It’s something we’ve dealt with for the past two or three weeks,” Johnson said. “I don’t know if he clearly understands what we’re trying to do.”
Johnson said the team has fined Williams several times for the same violation in recent weeks but that didn’t seem to work, so they have taken the next step.
Williams missed five games with a strained abdominal muscle and played limited minutes (eight) in the one game since he returned.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 6
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 7
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 38
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73