Nov 23, 2010, 11:12 PM EDT
Terrence Williams, welcome to Avery Johnson’s doghouse.
Williams has been suspended for two games — Tuesday night’s win over Atlanta and an upcoming trip to Boston — for “repeated violations of team policy.” Johnson was more direct with ESPNNewYork.
“It’s something we’ve dealt with for the past two or three weeks,” Johnson said. “I don’t know if he clearly understands what we’re trying to do.”
Johnson said the team has fined Williams several times for the same violation in recent weeks but that didn’t seem to work, so they have taken the next step.
Williams missed five games with a strained abdominal muscle and played limited minutes (eight) in the one game since he returned.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 72
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32