Nov 23, 2010, 11:12 PM EDT
Terrence Williams, welcome to Avery Johnson’s doghouse.
Williams has been suspended for two games — Tuesday night’s win over Atlanta and an upcoming trip to Boston — for “repeated violations of team policy.” Johnson was more direct with ESPNNewYork.
“It’s something we’ve dealt with for the past two or three weeks,” Johnson said. “I don’t know if he clearly understands what we’re trying to do.”
Johnson said the team has fined Williams several times for the same violation in recent weeks but that didn’t seem to work, so they have taken the next step.
Williams missed five games with a strained abdominal muscle and played limited minutes (eight) in the one game since he returned.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 6
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 12
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34