Nov 23, 2010, 11:12 PM EST
Terrence Williams, welcome to Avery Johnson’s doghouse.
Williams has been suspended for two games — Tuesday night’s win over Atlanta and an upcoming trip to Boston — for “repeated violations of team policy.” Johnson was more direct with ESPNNewYork.
“It’s something we’ve dealt with for the past two or three weeks,” Johnson said. “I don’t know if he clearly understands what we’re trying to do.”
Johnson said the team has fined Williams several times for the same violation in recent weeks but that didn’t seem to work, so they have taken the next step.
Williams missed five games with a strained abdominal muscle and played limited minutes (eight) in the one game since he returned.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 7
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 23
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 4
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 11