Nov 23, 2010, 4:11 PM EST
Kobe Bryant is going Grinch for Christmas.
Those shoes burning a hole in your retina to the right are the Grinch edition of the Nike Zoom Kobe VI (via The Basketball Jones), Kobe’s latest signature shoe. Based on the iconic Dr. Seuss character that’s as cuddly as a cactus and as charming as an eel, Kobe is going to put them on for the Christmas Day game against the Miami Heat.
Which seems fitting, as Kobe has all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile and he is going to try to steal the holiday fun from the Miami Heat. To rip their hearts out on national television, as his own little gift to Cleveland. Not that stealing the fun from the Heat is all that hard right now.
But at home Christmas afternoon, some poor father who just got a sweet new 42-inch flat screen, is going to spend an inordinate amount of time adjusting the color on the set because Kobe’s shoes are just not going to look right.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 5
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39