Nov 23, 2010, 4:11 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant is going Grinch for Christmas.
Those shoes burning a hole in your retina to the right are the Grinch edition of the Nike Zoom Kobe VI (via The Basketball Jones), Kobe’s latest signature shoe. Based on the iconic Dr. Seuss character that’s as cuddly as a cactus and as charming as an eel, Kobe is going to put them on for the Christmas Day game against the Miami Heat.
Which seems fitting, as Kobe has all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile and he is going to try to steal the holiday fun from the Miami Heat. To rip their hearts out on national television, as his own little gift to Cleveland. Not that stealing the fun from the Heat is all that hard right now.
But at home Christmas afternoon, some poor father who just got a sweet new 42-inch flat screen, is going to spend an inordinate amount of time adjusting the color on the set because Kobe’s shoes are just not going to look right.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 4
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 6
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10