Nov 23, 2010, 4:11 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant is going Grinch for Christmas.
Those shoes burning a hole in your retina to the right are the Grinch edition of the Nike Zoom Kobe VI (via The Basketball Jones), Kobe’s latest signature shoe. Based on the iconic Dr. Seuss character that’s as cuddly as a cactus and as charming as an eel, Kobe is going to put them on for the Christmas Day game against the Miami Heat.
Which seems fitting, as Kobe has all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile and he is going to try to steal the holiday fun from the Miami Heat. To rip their hearts out on national television, as his own little gift to Cleveland. Not that stealing the fun from the Heat is all that hard right now.
But at home Christmas afternoon, some poor father who just got a sweet new 42-inch flat screen, is going to spend an inordinate amount of time adjusting the color on the set because Kobe’s shoes are just not going to look right.
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 0
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24