Nov 23, 2010, 10:57 PM EDT
Elton Brand is going to be writing a check to the league soon.
In the fourth quarter of the Sixers overtime loss to the Wizards (which never should have gone to overtime, but check out Baseline to Baseline later for that story), JaVale McGee had a wide open dunk and once he was in the air Brand used two hands to shove the defenseless McGee.
It was an instant flagrant two and an ejection — and well deserved. A suspension would not be out of the question.
Brand is not a dirty player, but that was one ugly play. Which is too bad because he was having a good night —19 points on 8-of-14 shooting, seven boards and two steals.
As ugly as it was, things would get uglier for the Sixers at the end.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 14
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 24
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24