Nov 23, 2010, 10:57 PM EST
Elton Brand is going to be writing a check to the league soon.
In the fourth quarter of the Sixers overtime loss to the Wizards (which never should have gone to overtime, but check out Baseline to Baseline later for that story), JaVale McGee had a wide open dunk and once he was in the air Brand used two hands to shove the defenseless McGee.
It was an instant flagrant two and an ejection — and well deserved. A suspension would not be out of the question.
Brand is not a dirty player, but that was one ugly play. Which is too bad because he was having a good night —19 points on 8-of-14 shooting, seven boards and two steals.
As ugly as it was, things would get uglier for the Sixers at the end.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8