Nov 23, 2010, 10:57 PM EDT
Elton Brand is going to be writing a check to the league soon.
In the fourth quarter of the Sixers overtime loss to the Wizards (which never should have gone to overtime, but check out Baseline to Baseline later for that story), JaVale McGee had a wide open dunk and once he was in the air Brand used two hands to shove the defenseless McGee.
It was an instant flagrant two and an ejection — and well deserved. A suspension would not be out of the question.
Brand is not a dirty player, but that was one ugly play. Which is too bad because he was having a good night —19 points on 8-of-14 shooting, seven boards and two steals.
As ugly as it was, things would get uglier for the Sixers at the end.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 12
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 20
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 13
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42