Nov 23, 2010, 10:57 PM EDT
Elton Brand is going to be writing a check to the league soon.
In the fourth quarter of the Sixers overtime loss to the Wizards (which never should have gone to overtime, but check out Baseline to Baseline later for that story), JaVale McGee had a wide open dunk and once he was in the air Brand used two hands to shove the defenseless McGee.
It was an instant flagrant two and an ejection — and well deserved. A suspension would not be out of the question.
Brand is not a dirty player, but that was one ugly play. Which is too bad because he was having a good night —19 points on 8-of-14 shooting, seven boards and two steals.
As ugly as it was, things would get uglier for the Sixers at the end.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 52
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 34
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18