Nov 22, 2010, 2:58 PM EDT
Alonzo Gee had cult-figure popularity with the Wizards last season, one of the bright spots fans tried to latch onto in an otherwise dismal year. Gee came on with a 10-day contract then worked his way all the way up to being a starter.
Then when his deal was up he bolted for the Spurs because they offered him more guaranteed money, and he was on the Spurs roster through the playoffs. Gee looked good in Summer League and we all high hopes. Expect that marriage didn’t really work and last week San Antonio cut Gee loose.
So the Wizards have stepped in and given him a deal, according to the Washington Post. The Wizards let Lester Hudson go to make room for Gee.
Gee is a swingman who could see minutes off the bench behind Gilbert Arenas. That said he has a non-guaranteed deal with the Wizards, so they can cut him before mid January if they wished.
- Kobe Bryant says elite players like LeBron, himself are underpaid. He’s right. 21
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 35
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 8
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 30
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16