Nov 22, 2010, 2:58 PM EDT
Alonzo Gee had cult-figure popularity with the Wizards last season, one of the bright spots fans tried to latch onto in an otherwise dismal year. Gee came on with a 10-day contract then worked his way all the way up to being a starter.
Then when his deal was up he bolted for the Spurs because they offered him more guaranteed money, and he was on the Spurs roster through the playoffs. Gee looked good in Summer League and we all high hopes. Expect that marriage didn’t really work and last week San Antonio cut Gee loose.
So the Wizards have stepped in and given him a deal, according to the Washington Post. The Wizards let Lester Hudson go to make room for Gee.
Gee is a swingman who could see minutes off the bench behind Gilbert Arenas. That said he has a non-guaranteed deal with the Wizards, so they can cut him before mid January if they wished.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 44
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5