Nov 22, 2010, 2:58 PM EDT
Alonzo Gee had cult-figure popularity with the Wizards last season, one of the bright spots fans tried to latch onto in an otherwise dismal year. Gee came on with a 10-day contract then worked his way all the way up to being a starter.
Then when his deal was up he bolted for the Spurs because they offered him more guaranteed money, and he was on the Spurs roster through the playoffs. Gee looked good in Summer League and we all high hopes. Expect that marriage didn’t really work and last week San Antonio cut Gee loose.
So the Wizards have stepped in and given him a deal, according to the Washington Post. The Wizards let Lester Hudson go to make room for Gee.
Gee is a swingman who could see minutes off the bench behind Gilbert Arenas. That said he has a non-guaranteed deal with the Wizards, so they can cut him before mid January if they wished.
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 0
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 3
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 4
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19