Nov 22, 2010, 2:58 PM EDT
Alonzo Gee had cult-figure popularity with the Wizards last season, one of the bright spots fans tried to latch onto in an otherwise dismal year. Gee came on with a 10-day contract then worked his way all the way up to being a starter.
Then when his deal was up he bolted for the Spurs because they offered him more guaranteed money, and he was on the Spurs roster through the playoffs. Gee looked good in Summer League and we all high hopes. Expect that marriage didn’t really work and last week San Antonio cut Gee loose.
So the Wizards have stepped in and given him a deal, according to the Washington Post. The Wizards let Lester Hudson go to make room for Gee.
Gee is a swingman who could see minutes off the bench behind Gilbert Arenas. That said he has a non-guaranteed deal with the Wizards, so they can cut him before mid January if they wished.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 22
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 16
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 8
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 29