Nov 22, 2010, 2:58 PM EST
Alonzo Gee had cult-figure popularity with the Wizards last season, one of the bright spots fans tried to latch onto in an otherwise dismal year. Gee came on with a 10-day contract then worked his way all the way up to being a starter.
Then when his deal was up he bolted for the Spurs because they offered him more guaranteed money, and he was on the Spurs roster through the playoffs. Gee looked good in Summer League and we all high hopes. Expect that marriage didn’t really work and last week San Antonio cut Gee loose.
So the Wizards have stepped in and given him a deal, according to the Washington Post. The Wizards let Lester Hudson go to make room for Gee.
Gee is a swingman who could see minutes off the bench behind Gilbert Arenas. That said he has a non-guaranteed deal with the Wizards, so they can cut him before mid January if they wished.
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 30
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 16
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6