Nov 22, 2010, 5:00 PM EST
Toronto forward Ed Davis, who was the 13th overall pick in the 2010 NBA draft, has been assigned to the Erie Bayhawks of the D-League for what the Raptors are calling a “short-term rehabilitation and conditioning stint.”
A knee injury has prevented the UNC product from making his NBA debut. The 21-year old Davis averaged 12.9 points, 9.2 rebounds, and 2.7 blocks per game in his last college season, and is generally considered more of a long-term project than a player who will contribute immediately at the NBA level.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5