Nov 22, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
According to Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register, Ron Artest is going to get some sage advice about a possible post-basketball adventure into the NFL from none other than Terrell Owens of the Cincinnati Bengals. According to Artest, the controversial wide receiver is going to help Artest sort out, in the Laker forward’s own words, “whether I’m crazy or have a legitimate shot.”
At 6′ 6′, 244 pounds, the 31-year old Artest weights about as much as most linebackers, a little less than most tight ends, and as much as some smaller defensive ends, and is taller than almost every player in the NFL. Artest is known as one of the most physical players in basketball, but has never been known for his straight-line speed. Artest has limited football experience. He has been training boxing for the past three years, and says he might also like to try pro boxing after his NBA career is over.
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 4
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 5
- NBA Playoff Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards 19
- Report: Steve Kerr “expects” to be offered, will take Knicks coaching job 15