Nov 22, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
According to Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register, Ron Artest is going to get some sage advice about a possible post-basketball adventure into the NFL from none other than Terrell Owens of the Cincinnati Bengals. According to Artest, the controversial wide receiver is going to help Artest sort out, in the Laker forward’s own words, “whether I’m crazy or have a legitimate shot.”
At 6′ 6′, 244 pounds, the 31-year old Artest weights about as much as most linebackers, a little less than most tight ends, and as much as some smaller defensive ends, and is taller than almost every player in the NFL. Artest is known as one of the most physical players in basketball, but has never been known for his straight-line speed. Artest has limited football experience. He has been training boxing for the past three years, and says he might also like to try pro boxing after his NBA career is over.
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 0
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 7
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 35
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6