Nov 22, 2010, 1:52 PM EST
Josh Smith has come up in a lot of rumors lately, from the ridiculous (Rip Hamilton, really?) to big move stuff like Steve Nash rumors. With Al Horford inked to a big deal, can they really keep Smith long term, too?
But the Hawks told Josh Smith he’s not going anywhere, which is what Smith told FanHouse.
“They told me that it was all false,” Smith said Monday in an interview with FanHouse about the trade rumors. “That they want to keep this team and this nucleus together because they feel we have something special going.”
The Hawks believe that the core they have together can compete for a title and GM Rick Sund wants to see it grow. We question if that is true so long as Mike Bibby starting at point is part of that core, but whatever.
That belief fits with the Hawks told Smith. It means this story is true, it means they are not likely to move him.
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 3
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 8
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 23
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6