Nov 22, 2010, 1:52 PM EST
Josh Smith has come up in a lot of rumors lately, from the ridiculous (Rip Hamilton, really?) to big move stuff like Steve Nash rumors. With Al Horford inked to a big deal, can they really keep Smith long term, too?
But the Hawks told Josh Smith he’s not going anywhere, which is what Smith told FanHouse.
“They told me that it was all false,” Smith said Monday in an interview with FanHouse about the trade rumors. “That they want to keep this team and this nucleus together because they feel we have something special going.”
The Hawks believe that the core they have together can compete for a title and GM Rick Sund wants to see it grow. We question if that is true so long as Mike Bibby starting at point is part of that core, but whatever.
That belief fits with the Hawks told Smith. It means this story is true, it means they are not likely to move him.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 3
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 11
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 25
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20