Nov 22, 2010, 1:52 PM EDT
Josh Smith has come up in a lot of rumors lately, from the ridiculous (Rip Hamilton, really?) to big move stuff like Steve Nash rumors. With Al Horford inked to a big deal, can they really keep Smith long term, too?
But the Hawks told Josh Smith he’s not going anywhere, which is what Smith told FanHouse.
“They told me that it was all false,” Smith said Monday in an interview with FanHouse about the trade rumors. “That they want to keep this team and this nucleus together because they feel we have something special going.”
The Hawks believe that the core they have together can compete for a title and GM Rick Sund wants to see it grow. We question if that is true so long as Mike Bibby starting at point is part of that core, but whatever.
That belief fits with the Hawks told Smith. It means this story is true, it means they are not likely to move him.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 11
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 13
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7