Nov 22, 2010, 1:52 PM EDT
Josh Smith has come up in a lot of rumors lately, from the ridiculous (Rip Hamilton, really?) to big move stuff like Steve Nash rumors. With Al Horford inked to a big deal, can they really keep Smith long term, too?
But the Hawks told Josh Smith he’s not going anywhere, which is what Smith told FanHouse.
“They told me that it was all false,” Smith said Monday in an interview with FanHouse about the trade rumors. “That they want to keep this team and this nucleus together because they feel we have something special going.”
The Hawks believe that the core they have together can compete for a title and GM Rick Sund wants to see it grow. We question if that is true so long as Mike Bibby starting at point is part of that core, but whatever.
That belief fits with the Hawks told Smith. It means this story is true, it means they are not likely to move him.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10