Nov 22, 2010, 1:52 PM EDT
Josh Smith has come up in a lot of rumors lately, from the ridiculous (Rip Hamilton, really?) to big move stuff like Steve Nash rumors. With Al Horford inked to a big deal, can they really keep Smith long term, too?
But the Hawks told Josh Smith he’s not going anywhere, which is what Smith told FanHouse.
“They told me that it was all false,” Smith said Monday in an interview with FanHouse about the trade rumors. “That they want to keep this team and this nucleus together because they feel we have something special going.”
The Hawks believe that the core they have together can compete for a title and GM Rick Sund wants to see it grow. We question if that is true so long as Mike Bibby starting at point is part of that core, but whatever.
That belief fits with the Hawks told Smith. It means this story is true, it means they are not likely to move him.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 40
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 39
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6