Nov 22, 2010, 1:52 PM EDT
Josh Smith has come up in a lot of rumors lately, from the ridiculous (Rip Hamilton, really?) to big move stuff like Steve Nash rumors. With Al Horford inked to a big deal, can they really keep Smith long term, too?
But the Hawks told Josh Smith he’s not going anywhere, which is what Smith told FanHouse.
“They told me that it was all false,” Smith said Monday in an interview with FanHouse about the trade rumors. “That they want to keep this team and this nucleus together because they feel we have something special going.”
The Hawks believe that the core they have together can compete for a title and GM Rick Sund wants to see it grow. We question if that is true so long as Mike Bibby starting at point is part of that core, but whatever.
That belief fits with the Hawks told Smith. It means this story is true, it means they are not likely to move him.
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 0
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 13
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 10
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 21
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 38