Nov 22, 2010, 3:34 PM EDT
Isiah Thomas is living proof of the power of cognitive dissonance.
The latest in a long line of examples comes from an interview with the Chicago Sun Times and discussion of the sexual harassment charges leveled against him and Madison Square Garden while he was running the Knicks.
The one paragraph rundown is Anucha Browne Sanders was fired as a VP of marketing for the Knicks after hiring a lawyer to sue for sexual harassment by Thomas. She still sued and tacked on wrongful termination with the suit and won $11.6 million. Thomas was at the heart of the lurid three-week trial for how he treated her and ran the Knick office like a frat house. If you want more details, this is a good accounting.
But Thomas remains convinced he has done nothing wrong, as he told the Sun Times.
”The jury, I believe, found Madison Square Garden had a hostile work environment and that she was wrongfully terminated,” he said. ”Basically, the Garden and [Knicks owner] Jim Dolan were ordered to pay $11 million, and everyone else was found liable for contributing to a hostile work environment. I wasn’t ordered to pay anything.”
It’s called deep pockets, Thomas. Always sue the guy with the deepest pockets. That’s not you, it’s Dolan. So he has to write the check. But he got to because of you, make no mistake.
Oh, forget it, what’s the point. He will believe what he wants to believe the rest of his days.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31