Nov 21, 2010, 1:49 PM EDT
Hello, ladies. Look at your man. Now look at Ray Allen. Now look at your man’s jumper now back to Ray Allen’s jumper. Don’t you wish your man’s jumper could stroke like Ray Allen’s? Well if you follow the advice Ray Allen gave the Boston Herald, he can. Well, okay, not really. Because he’s Ray Allen and your man isn’t. But still. From the Boston Herald.
“You shoot a lot of different ways,” he said, “but it’s all about your legs. So, No. 1, you have to be in the proper condition. You have to get on the treadmill and get yourself ready so your legs don’t get weak when you’re running up and down the floor.
“You’ve got to keep your lower body strong — especially over an 82-game season. But even if you’re in high school, to duplicate the same form every time, you have to have the strength to get up even when you’re fatigued and coming off screens.”
But what about, you know, actually shooting the ball?
“That’s where the free throw line comes into play. You go to the free throw line and you get a routine,” Allen said. “You shoot the same way every time from the free throw line. That’s where you work on your upper body and your release form.
“The free throw line is all release. So that 20- or 25-footer to try to win a game is just a flick with your hands. Your lower body is what does the work.”
I’m on a horse.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50