Nov 21, 2010, 9:01 AM EDT
Udonis Haslem, who has been the heart of the Miami Heat’s defense and the one player who has brought unquestioned effort every night, may be out with a foot injury.
He had to be helped off the court during the Heat’s eventual loss to the Memphis Grizzlies Saturday. The team said that the X-rays cane back negative but teammates suggested Haslem could be out a while, according to the Sun Sentinel.
“What I’ve heard is, I mean I haven’t heard from any docs, but he dislocated his second toe and he tore a few ligaments in his foot somewhere,” forward LeBron James said. “I don’t know how long he’ll be out, but any time one of your teammates goes out, it hurts.
“It’s huge. He’s like our heart of our team. He’s our power. He’s our pride. He brings everything every night.”
Haslem turned down more money to stay in Miami, the only franchise he has ever known. HE has given the Heat 8 points and 8 rebounds a game off the bench in 26 minutes a night.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 57
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 17
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31