Nov 21, 2010, 9:01 AM EDT
Udonis Haslem, who has been the heart of the Miami Heat’s defense and the one player who has brought unquestioned effort every night, may be out with a foot injury.
He had to be helped off the court during the Heat’s eventual loss to the Memphis Grizzlies Saturday. The team said that the X-rays cane back negative but teammates suggested Haslem could be out a while, according to the Sun Sentinel.
“What I’ve heard is, I mean I haven’t heard from any docs, but he dislocated his second toe and he tore a few ligaments in his foot somewhere,” forward LeBron James said. “I don’t know how long he’ll be out, but any time one of your teammates goes out, it hurts.
“It’s huge. He’s like our heart of our team. He’s our power. He’s our pride. He brings everything every night.”
Haslem turned down more money to stay in Miami, the only franchise he has ever known. HE has given the Heat 8 points and 8 rebounds a game off the bench in 26 minutes a night.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 43
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 55
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10