Nov 21, 2010, 9:01 AM EDT
Udonis Haslem, who has been the heart of the Miami Heat’s defense and the one player who has brought unquestioned effort every night, may be out with a foot injury.
He had to be helped off the court during the Heat’s eventual loss to the Memphis Grizzlies Saturday. The team said that the X-rays cane back negative but teammates suggested Haslem could be out a while, according to the Sun Sentinel.
“What I’ve heard is, I mean I haven’t heard from any docs, but he dislocated his second toe and he tore a few ligaments in his foot somewhere,” forward LeBron James said. “I don’t know how long he’ll be out, but any time one of your teammates goes out, it hurts.
“It’s huge. He’s like our heart of our team. He’s our power. He’s our pride. He brings everything every night.”
Haslem turned down more money to stay in Miami, the only franchise he has ever known. HE has given the Heat 8 points and 8 rebounds a game off the bench in 26 minutes a night.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 6
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 18
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25