Nov 21, 2010, 9:01 AM EDT
Udonis Haslem, who has been the heart of the Miami Heat’s defense and the one player who has brought unquestioned effort every night, may be out with a foot injury.
He had to be helped off the court during the Heat’s eventual loss to the Memphis Grizzlies Saturday. The team said that the X-rays cane back negative but teammates suggested Haslem could be out a while, according to the Sun Sentinel.
“What I’ve heard is, I mean I haven’t heard from any docs, but he dislocated his second toe and he tore a few ligaments in his foot somewhere,” forward LeBron James said. “I don’t know how long he’ll be out, but any time one of your teammates goes out, it hurts.
“It’s huge. He’s like our heart of our team. He’s our power. He’s our pride. He brings everything every night.”
Haslem turned down more money to stay in Miami, the only franchise he has ever known. HE has given the Heat 8 points and 8 rebounds a game off the bench in 26 minutes a night.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 8
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7