Nov 21, 2010, 9:01 AM EDT
Udonis Haslem, who has been the heart of the Miami Heat’s defense and the one player who has brought unquestioned effort every night, may be out with a foot injury.
He had to be helped off the court during the Heat’s eventual loss to the Memphis Grizzlies Saturday. The team said that the X-rays cane back negative but teammates suggested Haslem could be out a while, according to the Sun Sentinel.
“What I’ve heard is, I mean I haven’t heard from any docs, but he dislocated his second toe and he tore a few ligaments in his foot somewhere,” forward LeBron James said. “I don’t know how long he’ll be out, but any time one of your teammates goes out, it hurts.
“It’s huge. He’s like our heart of our team. He’s our power. He’s our pride. He brings everything every night.”
Haslem turned down more money to stay in Miami, the only franchise he has ever known. HE has given the Heat 8 points and 8 rebounds a game off the bench in 26 minutes a night.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 28
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 21
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22