Nov 20, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
Pelvic instability is no laughing matter. Sure, it kind of sounds like it should be, but it’s not. So stop snickering.
It’s keeping Steve Nash out of his second consecutive game Saturday night in Charlotte, and he likely will miss Monday in Houston, also, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. Officially, this is listed as a groin strain but pelvic instability was how it was described to the TNT crew Thursday. This is one of those things were he could go if this were the playoffs, but with six months of regular season still ahead better to rest it.
“It’s not quite right and until we get back (in Phoenix) and he can get an adjustment and stuff, I don’t feel like it’s worth the risk,” Suns coach Alvin Gentry said. “I understand that they’re important and everything but it’s also important for us to not have him out for two weeks or anything. When we get back, he can have the whole thing adjusted and work on it and I’ll feel much better than to stick him out there and have something go terribly wrong.”
The Suns got thumped by Orlando without Nash the other night, but that was Orlando. Tonight it’s a Charlotte team on the second night of a back-to-back, then Monday it is a struggling Rockets team.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 16
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 18
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4