Nov 19, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
Remember that ankle sprain that was going to keep Yao Ming out a week? Yeah, funny thing about that. Turns out it’s a bone bruise in the ankle and it will be about two more weeks before he is back on the court.
The real issue is conditioning after he can run again, according to a tweet from Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle. The good news is his surgically repaired foot looks fine still.
The Rockets have gone 2-2 without Yao (2-3 if you count the Wizards game where he got injured and played just six minutes). Brad Miller is starting at the five spot for the Rockets right now.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20