Nov 19, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
Remember that ankle sprain that was going to keep Yao Ming out a week? Yeah, funny thing about that. Turns out it’s a bone bruise in the ankle and it will be about two more weeks before he is back on the court.
The real issue is conditioning after he can run again, according to a tweet from Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle. The good news is his surgically repaired foot looks fine still.
The Rockets have gone 2-2 without Yao (2-3 if you count the Wizards game where he got injured and played just six minutes). Brad Miller is starting at the five spot for the Rockets right now.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 25
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18