Nov 19, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
Remember that ankle sprain that was going to keep Yao Ming out a week? Yeah, funny thing about that. Turns out it’s a bone bruise in the ankle and it will be about two more weeks before he is back on the court.
The real issue is conditioning after he can run again, according to a tweet from Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle. The good news is his surgically repaired foot looks fine still.
The Rockets have gone 2-2 without Yao (2-3 if you count the Wizards game where he got injured and played just six minutes). Brad Miller is starting at the five spot for the Rockets right now.
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 0
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 11
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 46
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 58
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17