Nov 19, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
Remember that ankle sprain that was going to keep Yao Ming out a week? Yeah, funny thing about that. Turns out it’s a bone bruise in the ankle and it will be about two more weeks before he is back on the court.
The real issue is conditioning after he can run again, according to a tweet from Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle. The good news is his surgically repaired foot looks fine still.
The Rockets have gone 2-2 without Yao (2-3 if you count the Wizards game where he got injured and played just six minutes). Brad Miller is starting at the five spot for the Rockets right now.
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 49
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 11
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 30
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 41
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33