Nov 19, 2010, 12:10 PM EST
Hedo Turkoglu is one of the NBA’ talkers — the guys who have a constant stream of trash talk going during a game.
Except, nobody understands what Turkoglu is saying.
Rashard Lewis talked about it with the Orlando Sentinel yesterday after the Magic blew Turkoglu’s Suns out of the building.
“He was talking noise, talking a little smack,” Lewis said. “You can barely understand what he’s saying, but he’s saying something.”
Turk’s trash talk is a mix of English, Turkish and jibberish. Dwight Howard said it’s difficult to keep a straight face when Turkoglu gets going, especially in a game like Thursday.
“It’s like mumble, mumble, mumble basket, mumble, mumble, mumble ball,” Howard said, sort of. “It kind of confuses you as much as anything.”
Trash talk works really well when you are Kevin Garnett or Kobe Bryant or legendary smack talkers like Larry Bird — you know, guys that backed it up. Turkoglu was 0-8 from the floor against the Magic.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42