Nov 19, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
Hedo Turkoglu is one of the NBA’ talkers — the guys who have a constant stream of trash talk going during a game.
Except, nobody understands what Turkoglu is saying.
Rashard Lewis talked about it with the Orlando Sentinel yesterday after the Magic blew Turkoglu’s Suns out of the building.
“He was talking noise, talking a little smack,” Lewis said. “You can barely understand what he’s saying, but he’s saying something.”
Turk’s trash talk is a mix of English, Turkish and jibberish. Dwight Howard said it’s difficult to keep a straight face when Turkoglu gets going, especially in a game like Thursday.
“It’s like mumble, mumble, mumble basket, mumble, mumble, mumble ball,” Howard said, sort of. “It kind of confuses you as much as anything.”
Trash talk works really well when you are Kevin Garnett or Kobe Bryant or legendary smack talkers like Larry Bird — you know, guys that backed it up. Turkoglu was 0-8 from the floor against the Magic.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 12
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7