Nov 19, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
Hedo Turkoglu is one of the NBA’ talkers — the guys who have a constant stream of trash talk going during a game.
Except, nobody understands what Turkoglu is saying.
Rashard Lewis talked about it with the Orlando Sentinel yesterday after the Magic blew Turkoglu’s Suns out of the building.
“He was talking noise, talking a little smack,” Lewis said. “You can barely understand what he’s saying, but he’s saying something.”
Turk’s trash talk is a mix of English, Turkish and jibberish. Dwight Howard said it’s difficult to keep a straight face when Turkoglu gets going, especially in a game like Thursday.
“It’s like mumble, mumble, mumble basket, mumble, mumble, mumble ball,” Howard said, sort of. “It kind of confuses you as much as anything.”
Trash talk works really well when you are Kevin Garnett or Kobe Bryant or legendary smack talkers like Larry Bird — you know, guys that backed it up. Turkoglu was 0-8 from the floor against the Magic.
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 16
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16