Nov 19, 2010, 7:01 PM EDT
Sometimes you just have to keep plugging away to find your niche.
Joey Graham has played four years in Toronto, one in Denver, but never really found a spot that worked for him in the NBA. He’s never averaged more than 20 minutes a game, often struggled for consistent playing time.
He didn’t seem to be doing that in Cleveland either, he has played in only four games, until a 13 points performance in 28 minutes against the Sixers moved him up the depth chart, as Byron Scott told the Beacon Journal.
”He’ll be in the rotation for a little while,” Scott said. ”I wanted to try something different. With Joey, I know I can get some scoring in the post. He’s kind of made his living there.”
At 6’7” Graham is not a dominating post presence, he’s really a three brought in to fill that gap in Cleveland. However, a training camp injury set him back.
However, this season he is shooting a career best 58 percent. On a Cavs team looking for scoring anywhere they can get it, if he can provide that off the bench he may finally have his spot.
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 2
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 28
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 13
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 19
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games