Nov 19, 2010, 7:01 PM EDT
Sometimes you just have to keep plugging away to find your niche.
Joey Graham has played four years in Toronto, one in Denver, but never really found a spot that worked for him in the NBA. He’s never averaged more than 20 minutes a game, often struggled for consistent playing time.
He didn’t seem to be doing that in Cleveland either, he has played in only four games, until a 13 points performance in 28 minutes against the Sixers moved him up the depth chart, as Byron Scott told the Beacon Journal.
”He’ll be in the rotation for a little while,” Scott said. ”I wanted to try something different. With Joey, I know I can get some scoring in the post. He’s kind of made his living there.”
At 6’7” Graham is not a dominating post presence, he’s really a three brought in to fill that gap in Cleveland. However, a training camp injury set him back.
However, this season he is shooting a career best 58 percent. On a Cavs team looking for scoring anywhere they can get it, if he can provide that off the bench he may finally have his spot.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 65
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6