Nov 19, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
New Orleans General Manager Dell Demps spoke to the media and among the topics was the sale of the team from George Shinn to Gary Chouest — the one thing more than any that could decide the future of the franchise and if Chris Paul stays.
That sale has been close but stalled since the summer. Right now… same. Close but working on the details, Demps said. The guys from Hornets247 were in the room and this is how they put it:
It is not complete, but it’s in “dotting the i’s, crossing the t’s” phase and that part takes more time than coming to the larger agreement. Both owners support (Demps) completely and he has yet to have a move he wanted to make meet with resistance on that front.
Demps is getting a lot of praise for the Hornets fast start, but it’s all going to go for nothing if the ownership situation isn’t sorted out. It may not have been a problem yet, but that many chefs in the kitchen is a recipe for trouble at some point.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29