Nov 19, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
New Orleans General Manager Dell Demps spoke to the media and among the topics was the sale of the team from George Shinn to Gary Chouest — the one thing more than any that could decide the future of the franchise and if Chris Paul stays.
That sale has been close but stalled since the summer. Right now… same. Close but working on the details, Demps said. The guys from Hornets247 were in the room and this is how they put it:
It is not complete, but it’s in “dotting the i’s, crossing the t’s” phase and that part takes more time than coming to the larger agreement. Both owners support (Demps) completely and he has yet to have a move he wanted to make meet with resistance on that front.
Demps is getting a lot of praise for the Hornets fast start, but it’s all going to go for nothing if the ownership situation isn’t sorted out. It may not have been a problem yet, but that many chefs in the kitchen is a recipe for trouble at some point.
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- PFT: Woodson returns to Raiders for up to $4.3M
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars