Nov 19, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
New Orleans General Manager Dell Demps spoke to the media and among the topics was the sale of the team from George Shinn to Gary Chouest — the one thing more than any that could decide the future of the franchise and if Chris Paul stays.
That sale has been close but stalled since the summer. Right now… same. Close but working on the details, Demps said. The guys from Hornets247 were in the room and this is how they put it:
It is not complete, but it’s in “dotting the i’s, crossing the t’s” phase and that part takes more time than coming to the larger agreement. Both owners support (Demps) completely and he has yet to have a move he wanted to make meet with resistance on that front.
Demps is getting a lot of praise for the Hornets fast start, but it’s all going to go for nothing if the ownership situation isn’t sorted out. It may not have been a problem yet, but that many chefs in the kitchen is a recipe for trouble at some point.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3