Nov 19, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
New Orleans General Manager Dell Demps spoke to the media and among the topics was the sale of the team from George Shinn to Gary Chouest — the one thing more than any that could decide the future of the franchise and if Chris Paul stays.
That sale has been close but stalled since the summer. Right now… same. Close but working on the details, Demps said. The guys from Hornets247 were in the room and this is how they put it:
It is not complete, but it’s in “dotting the i’s, crossing the t’s” phase and that part takes more time than coming to the larger agreement. Both owners support (Demps) completely and he has yet to have a move he wanted to make meet with resistance on that front.
Demps is getting a lot of praise for the Hornets fast start, but it’s all going to go for nothing if the ownership situation isn’t sorted out. It may not have been a problem yet, but that many chefs in the kitchen is a recipe for trouble at some point.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 17
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10